Sign in with
Your question

A disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2013 2:35:47 AM

"A disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart windows 7"
Above statement is the problem in my system.This appears when the system is booting.
How can i repair my system? Please somebody help me to find a solution for this problem.
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 3:17:02 AM

it could be as it said...

the hdd going bad....

try disconnect the HDD and run test/scan (scandisk /r or seatool, etc) from other comp...

if there a bad sector, rescue any important data and replace the hdd
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 3:28:28 AM

akhilanil27 said:
"A disk read error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart windows 7"
Above statement is the problem in my system.This appears when the system is booting.
How can i repair my system? Please somebody help me to find a solution for this problem.

Unplug everything from the computer except keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cord (Desktops) or AC Adapter (Laptops) and see if issue continues.

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue. There are some nice HDD detection tools that will help isolate the issue.
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2014 5:29:32 PM

How can I repair hdd
m
l
February 8, 2014 5:29:58 PM

I have the same issue
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 9, 2014 7:36:20 PM

run scandisk in windows run or command prompt: "chkdsk /r (intended drive letter:) " in another computer.... if the drive still detected in another computer...

if it not detected or there a bad sector after scandisk than it time to claim warranty
m
l
!