beerhelmet

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Hi,

I know of a fairly decent deal on this monitor (Asus PA246Q) at a local computer shop.
I was wondering if anyone knows whether this monitor is any good? As I haven't seen any reviews on it (presumably because it is a fairly new release) it seems like a good idea to also ask if anyone has it and what their experience with it is like. Also, if anyone knows of any in-depth reviews on it, a link would be mighty helpful!

Monitor Specifications (from manufacturer):
Panel Size: Wide Screen 24.1"(61.13cm) 16:10
Color Saturation : 98%(Adobe RGB), 100%(sRGB), 102%(NTSC)
Panel Type : P-IPS
True Resolution : 1920x1200
Full HD 1080P : Yes
Pixel Pitch : 0.270mm
Brightness(Max) : 400 cd/㎡
ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) : 50000:1
Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 178°(H)/178°(V)
Response Time : 6ms (Gray to Gray)
Display Colors : 1073.7M (10bit)

Thanks,
BH

Solution
There are no reviews yet since it has only been available for 1 or 2 weeks.

It is supposed to use the same "p-IPS" panel as the NEC PA241w. It is really a H-IPS panel but since it is rated at 6ms response time the "H" was changed to a "p". It is less expensive that the NEC PA241w mainly because the NEC has a lot more electronics in it that's geared towards professional displays.

My NEC 2690WUXi and Planar PX2611w are also both H-IPS panels with 6ms and 5ms response times so ghosting should be minimal.

Here's a thread about Asus in Hardforum which has a much more active sub-forum about monitors:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576210
There are no reviews yet since it has only been available for 1 or 2 weeks.

It is supposed to use the same "p-IPS" panel as the NEC PA241w. It is really a H-IPS panel but since it is rated at 6ms response time the "H" was changed to a "p". It is less expensive that the NEC PA241w mainly because the NEC has a lot more electronics in it that's geared towards professional displays.

My NEC 2690WUXi and Planar PX2611w are also both H-IPS panels with 6ms and 5ms response times so ghosting should be minimal.

Here's a thread about Asus in Hardforum which has a much more active sub-forum about monitors:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576210

Solution