Sign in with
Your question

My computer crashes Windows Explorer!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2013 2:56:52 AM

I can't go into My Computer because windows explorer crashes before the window appears, and when i right click on something either on the Start Menu or Desktop, windows explorer crashes. Please help!
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 3:02:15 AM

If you boot into Safe Mode, does the issue continue?

I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both to see if something is detected.

It's also time you take a look at everything running and starting up when your computer does.

I would recommend using Autoruns.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.
January 26, 2013 12:55:15 PM

hedwar2011 said:
If you boot into Safe Mode, does the issue continue?

I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both to see if something is detected.

It's also time you take a look at everything running and starting up when your computer does.

I would recommend using Autoruns.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.

The issue is still persistent in Safe Mode, and i did a full system scan with Avast and it said there was nothing
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 1:19:41 PM

Scan full system with superantispyware pro(Trial). then goto safe mode with network update os .
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 1:24:32 PM

Restore to earlier stage can also help u. win key + r = run cmd , type msconfig then click ok. disable all startup items. Update bios and hdd firmware.
January 26, 2013 7:20:40 PM

Run windows in Safe Mode,
then go to Start > Run > Type msconfig.exe > goto Startup Tab > Then find internet explorer and uncheck it. you may find it i the services tab. dont forget to apply and restart your pc.
!