My sony vaio laptop repeately says remove & reinsert battery

turn the laptop off and unplug it from the wall. try with some rubbing alcohol clean the battery copper leads and the laptop battery charger tabs/pins. it could be corrosion on the pins that causing the laptop not to see the battery or the logic chip inside the battery went bad.

That is usually a sign that the battery connectors on the motherboard is damaged or dirty. Take a q-tip and rub off the copper connectors in the slot where the battery goes to clean away any debris and try it again.

DO NOT use any type of cleaning solution when doing this as it can further damage the connectors and/or the battery itself.

If that doesn't help, go into the BIOS and set them to their defaults and try it again.

Still no luck? Try taking the battery completely out and with just the charger plugged in turn the computer on and see what it does.

Does it boot? You could either have a bad battery causing a No-POST or a bad connector on the motherboard.

:pt1cable: I was actually just finishing typing up that very process :pt1cable:

drmpark

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
The above tips are pretty good. In case you are not able to fix the issue you can try purchasing an aftermarket laptop battery. Right now there's a 25% off deal at Limewit.com, the code is N285. It will ask you for a code during the checkout process.

I've bought batteries from here before and have had no issues.

Best of luck! :hello: