Sign in with
Your question

Suggestions for a new printer?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 25, 2013 2:58:27 PM

Hey everyone, I've been looking around a bit, and after searching for a couple days decided I might as well ask for help, as I'm having a little trouble finding what I'm looking for. Basically, I'd like to replace my printer. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just I want a new printer that has features my current one doesn't have for a big project I'm starting in a couple weeks. Basically, what I'm looking for is in my next printer this:

1. Has separate ink cartridges and printer heads

2. Printer head is replaceable by buying one online when it breaks down. If the printer head is permanently attached to the printer so you cant replace it when it breaks is the first deal-breaker.

3. Supports a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System), preferably a popular and well reviewed one that isn't too expensive.

4. Can print directly to DVD's, CD's and Blu-Ray discs. If the printer doesn't have this feature it is yet another deal-breaker.

I would obviously prefer the printer to be of a newer model, but if its older than 2 years then I would prefer not to buy it. If anyone here can give me some suggestions as to what printer to get that meets what I put above, along with a CISS system, I would greatly appreciate it!

More about : suggestions printer

January 27, 2013 1:50:48 PM

Wow. 42 people and not one person can be bothered to offer up a suggestion. And here I thought people were quick to help others out.
m
l
February 6, 2013 12:45:05 AM

Well, I found a printer for myself, no thanks to anyone here, where I thought people helped each other. Apparently I was wrong. Anyway, the printer I chose was the Brother MFC J825DW. The print head on it cant be replaced, but I decided that should anything happen to it I can always buy a new printer.
m
l
!