Monitor: 27" vs 27"

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
HP 2711x 27inch
and
Viewsonic VX2739wm 27inch

spec first then price.

couple things on my mind. Brightness i dont care since i turn the brightness all the way down from 100 (default) to 15 anyway. Response Time again dont care. Speaker included or not dont care since i dont use it anyway. The rest you help me decide.

Which is over all better or do you have a better recommendation at the price range?

*current Hp w2007 20.1 inch monitor = TOO SMALL*

Spec for the VX2739 is more attractive with a claimed static contrast ratio of 1200:1, though I haven't found a professional review that measured the actual static contrast ratio. I notice the HP 2711x only has a one-year warranty, when many other monitors offer 3-year warranties, so I'd shy away from that one.

The HP uses a glossy screen while the Viewsonic uses a matte screen.

Glossy screens are highly reflective and can be annoying, but some people like it because colors look more vibrant since they are over saturated. Matte screens diffuses any light that hits the screen so you don't see any reflections, however colors are not as vibrant as glossy screens. I prefer matte screen monitors.

Forget those high Dynamic Contrast ratios, the lower static contrast ratios are more important. I find dynamic contrast to be very annoying they way they operate. I switch it off on my Asus VK246H monitor (DC of 20,000:1) and my LG 47LH90 LED backlit HDTV (DC of 2,000,000:1).

The Viewsonic wins by default since I don't like glossy screens and since the HP only has 1 year warranty.

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009

i like this "Peace on Earth by means of the destruction of all life on Earth." I agree lol.