YANI and question about fog clouds

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2005 1:26:18 AM

Okay, character gets polymorphed due to a trap or potion or wand. Should
the character happen to read an unidentified scroll of amnesia, the
character essentially forgets about their original form. When the character
drinks a non-cursed potion of full healing and if the polymorph time-out
has come and gone then they revert back to their original self including
gained levels acquired during their stint. Yep, this would allow for
strange behavior in bones files like "A corpse of a blue dragon named
Kuresu" along with any accompanying scales or worm's teeth and whatnot.

My idea comes from Agent 57 from Dangermouse who forgot what he originally
looked like before he became a master of disguise. I think if the character
reads an identified scroll of amnesia while polymorphed would be a cheap
way at being permanently polymorphed into something (until they quaff a
non-cursed potion of full healing).

Now here's my question. For the past two days I've been trying to have my
characters killed by fog clouds. Is this possible? I keep waiting for it to
engulf me and then I wait and wait, getting the laden with moisture message
but only get expelled rather than suffocating within the fog cloud.
September 5, 2005 1:26:19 AM

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> Now here's my question. For the past two days I've been trying to have my
> characters killed by fog clouds. Is this possible? I keep waiting for it to
> engulf me and then I wait and wait, getting the laden with moisture message
> but only get expelled rather than suffocating within the fog cloud.

After some quick explore mode testing, it seems that the fog cloud
won't suffocate you. When you get the message "... and can barely
breathe!" you'll lose some hit points, until eventually you die.
The easiest way to see this is to reverse genocide some clouds in
a room and just hold down the "." key.

An amulet of magical breathing will turn the message into
"... and find it mildly uncomfortable".

Zeitgeist.
!