Vorpal Blade for a Tourist?

How good is the Vorpal Blade for my tourist? Are there other weapons I
should seek for this tourist character?
6 answers Last reply
More about vorpal blade tourist

    So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that. It seems I cant
    enhance my long sword skills past basic.

    thiskidrob@yahoo.com writes:

    > So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that. It seems I cant
    > enhance my long sword skills past basic.

    Magicbane is great for an early-game tourist because you can get up to
    expert.

    If you decide to wish for a better weapon later, or happen to find it,
    Grayswandir is the best weapon for a tourist who can enchant it up. You
    can get to skilled, and Grayswandir does doubel damage against
    everything.

    --
    David Grabiner, grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu, http://remarque.org/~grabiner
    Baseball labor negotiations FAQ: http://remarque.org/~grabiner/laborfaq.html

    "David J. Grabiner" <grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

    > If you decide to wish for a better weapon later, or happen to find it,
    > Grayswandir is the best weapon for a tourist who can enchant it up. You
    > can get to skilled, and Grayswandir does doubel damage against
    > everything.

    And in addition to that, when twoweaponing there's no need to advance
    secondary weapons skill separately, since Grayswandir + silver saber is a
    killer combination and they both count as sabres.

    thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:

    > So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that.

    It has more important results than regular melee damage.

    > It seems I cant
    > enhance my long sword skills past basic.

    Once you have maxed out your luck and strength, the
    skills matter much less. Basic ends up just fine
    for melee.

    Doug Freyburger wrote:
    > thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
    > >
    > > So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that.
    >
    > It has more important results than regular melee damage.
    >
    > > It seems I cant
    > > enhance my long sword skills past basic.
    >
    > Once you have maxed out your luck and strength, the
    > skills matter much less. Basic ends up just fine
    > for melee.

    I ascended! Looks like Magicbane worked just fine for the entire rest
    of the game! I never knew it was so powerful. I had no problems
    killing anything...

    Gosh was I scared last night when entering the Astral planes. And, as
    luck would have it, I had to visit all 3 altars. What a miracle this
    char lived!
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Quoting <thiskidrob@yahoo.com>:
    >I ascended! Looks like Magicbane worked just fine for the entire rest
    >of the game! I never knew it was so powerful. I had no problems
    >killing anything...

    Magicbane is generally fine except when it's not. Some ascensions you
    won't have any trouble; if you get seriously buried and need a bunch of
    crunch power to get out of it, you won't be able to make do with
    Magicbane.
    --
    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
    Today is Leicesterday, August.