Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Vorpal Blade for a Tourist?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:33:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

How good is the Vorpal Blade for my tourist? Are there other weapons I
should seek for this tourist character?

More about : vorpal blade tourist

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:54:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that. It seems I cant
enhance my long sword skills past basic.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:01:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

thiskidrob@yahoo.com writes:

> So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that. It seems I cant
> enhance my long sword skills past basic.

Magicbane is great for an early-game tourist because you can get up to
expert.

If you decide to wish for a better weapon later, or happen to find it,
Grayswandir is the best weapon for a tourist who can enchant it up. You
can get to skilled, and Grayswandir does doubel damage against
everything.

--
David Grabiner, grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu, http://remarque.org/~grabiner
Baseball labor negotiations FAQ: http://remarque.org/~grabiner/laborfaq.html
Shop at the Mobius Strip Mall: Always on the same side of the street!
Klein Glassworks, Torus Coffee and Donuts, Projective Airlines, etc.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 12:17:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

"David J. Grabiner" <grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> If you decide to wish for a better weapon later, or happen to find it,
> Grayswandir is the best weapon for a tourist who can enchant it up. You
> can get to skilled, and Grayswandir does doubel damage against
> everything.

And in addition to that, when twoweaponing there's no need to advance
secondary weapons skill separately, since Grayswandir + silver saber is a
killer combination and they both count as sabres.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:59:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that.

It has more important results than regular melee damage.

> It seems I cant
> enhance my long sword skills past basic.

Once you have maxed out your luck and strength, the
skills matter much less. Basic ends up just fine
for melee.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:38:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Doug Freyburger wrote:
> thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > So now I have Magicbane. I think I will try that.
>
> It has more important results than regular melee damage.
>
> > It seems I cant
> > enhance my long sword skills past basic.
>
> Once you have maxed out your luck and strength, the
> skills matter much less. Basic ends up just fine
> for melee.

I ascended! Looks like Magicbane worked just fine for the entire rest
of the game! I never knew it was so powerful. I had no problems
killing anything...

Gosh was I scared last night when entering the Astral planes. And, as
luck would have it, I had to visit all 3 altars. What a miracle this
char lived!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:06:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Quoting <thiskidrob@yahoo.com>:
>I ascended! Looks like Magicbane worked just fine for the entire rest
>of the game! I never knew it was so powerful. I had no problems
>killing anything...

Magicbane is generally fine except when it's not. Some ascensions you
won't have any trouble; if you get seriously buried and need a bunch of
crunch power to get out of it, you won't be able to make do with
Magicbane.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
Today is Leicesterday, August.
!