Sign in with
Your question

AXIA????

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2001 5:37:52 PM

I have noticed a few people here saying that they have an AXIA processor. What is that?? I know it is a kind of AMD like around 1.2 GHZ bt can't find anymore info on it. Thanks for your help.

Please do not pee in the gene pool!

More about : axia

July 22, 2001 5:52:48 PM

I believe AXIA refers to the particular CPU batch produced.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
July 22, 2001 6:10:07 PM

AXIA is just the Batch code to indicate how mature the silicon is on those particular CPU's....
AXIA Athlnos range from 1GHz - 1.333GHz if im not mistaken......there are newer batches out there now, like the AYHJA etc. but most peopel only want these Athlon batches becasue there known to be VERY good overclockers....

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 22, 2001 6:10:26 PM

Here is a list of how well each stepping code <A HREF="http://www.athlonoc.com/stepping2.php" target="_new">overclocks</A>...

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2001 6:47:21 PM

Thank you all very much!

Please do not pee in the gene pool!
July 22, 2001 6:55:15 PM

No problemo..... =)

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2001 10:11:53 PM

Thnx for the tips guys... i was just about to post asking for this :) 

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!
July 23, 2001 5:51:22 AM

ok, heres where i'm confused. if oem chips are bad, having failed particular tests and therefore bad overclockers, yet then AYHJA and AXIAR (i believe) are supposed to be great overclockers.... why do i see places selling AYHJA OEM's??? isnt that a contradiction? i dont get it.
July 23, 2001 6:50:43 AM

Quote:
if oem chips are bad, having failed particular tests and therefore bad overclockers, yet then AYHJA and AXIAR (i believe) are supposed to be great overclockers....

That's where you got confused. They're not bad. FYI, I've never bought any retail CPUs. A month ago I bought a TB 1G/266, and it's AXIA core. I was able to overclock it to 1.4G (133*10.5) without changing its default voltage (1.75V) and with FOP-32 HSF.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
July 23, 2001 7:01:40 AM

ok, well that is certainly good news. makes shopping a little easier too. do you know any good name places online? i checked pricewatch, just wondering if you've had any good experiences.....
July 23, 2001 7:39:51 AM

<b><A HREF="http://www.newegg.com" target="_new">Newegg.com</A></b>.
I've bought almost everything I needed to build computer with cheaper prices and decent Shipping cost.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
July 23, 2001 12:24:35 PM

I bought a AXIA 1.2ghz C T-Bird from Newegg and currently it is running 1.46ghz just fine, very stable. I also had it up to 1.52ghz somewhat unstable but 1.51 was stable with a FSB of 159mhz!! It was OEM and the rumor of OEM and Retail being different as far as I see it is unsubstantiated and false.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed
July 23, 2001 3:13:10 PM

Yes, OEM and retail are EXACTLY the same chip, you just don't get the heatsink, warranty and great sticker :) 

Quote:
Thnx for the tips guys... i was just about to post asking for this :) 

I'm so glad to see that. It happens all the time, I know. But most people don't say anything. And a lot of people just post before reading the other threads.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:
!