Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How can download windows 7 disc in black screen without giving a option of F2 an

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2013 11:40:58 AM

how can download windows 7 disc in black screen without giving a option of F2 and F12? The screen display black screen with only tiny white half square shape on the top left corner. I removed the battery with power only connect direct and insert the disc turn it off and turn on again asuming to give me the option of F2/F12 but didn't the black screen seem to be froze.

What should i do to recover my Toshiba Satellite P755 Laptop?
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 11:49:09 AM

What model of laptop is this?

The newer Toshiba's have a recovery partition built in that can be used to reinstall by doing the following to activate it:
1. Turn computer OFF completely
2. Press and hold 0 (that's a zero, not an o) (either up above the keyboard or on the ten-key)
3. Turn the computer on while still holding the key down. It should prompt you saying you have activated the recovery process.
4. Follow the instructions that appear

IMPORTANT NOTE: This process is data destructive, which means you will lose all data on the computer including programs, files, and user settings.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 12:03:44 PM

Don`t people read the instructions or manuals anymore?.

When they buy a laptop or anything !.

I mean its all there when you buy the thing.

If you bother to read the manuals.

Other than just throwing it to one side, through sheer laziness.
Sigh !
Here a Pdf file of the manual, read it, do yourself a favor.
Link.
http://forums.toshiba.com/tshb/attachments/tshb/brd_Sat...
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 12:17:52 PM

user1_72 said:
how can download windows 7 disc in black screen without giving a option of F2 and F12? The screen display black screen with only tiny white half square shape on the top left corner. I removed the battery with power only connect direct and insert the disc turn it off and turn on again asuming to give me the option of F2/F12 but didn't the black screen seem to be froze.

The model is Toshiba Satellite P577 -S5382

I have followed your instruction but the good news is, it reboot and i can see the curser and move around the screen but still black though. there wasn't any instrution point to follow after that.

Is there any other way?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2013 12:19:00 PM

Look at the page in section 1-12, page 1-13 and 1-14 as a last resort 1-15 in the PDF online manual.
Of the link I have just sent you. The manual is for a P775 model.
January 26, 2013 12:27:18 PM

user1_72 said:

Thank you!
m
l
January 26, 2013 1:08:30 PM

Best answer selected by user1_72.
m
l
!