Abit BH6 + Celeron 800 OC Problem

G

Hey folks..

Decided to do a quick upgrade to my old Celeron 366 (OC to 458) and bought a Celeron II 800. Motherboard is a BH6 flashed to the latest BIOS (Version SP). My old "slocket" didn't work, so I went and got a new one that officially supported 100/133 FSB. All jumpers on the slocket are set to 1-2 (which selects Intel CPUs and sets everything else to Auto). The Celeron boots up fine at 800 and everything works perfectly.

I tried moving to a 133 FSB (256 megs of PC133 SDRAM) and the SoftMenu took the adjustment with no problem. However, when I rebooted, the CPU was still listed as a Celeron 800. Going back into SoftMenu, the FSB is still set at 133 with, of course, the multiplier of 8. I can't seem to get any adjustments to the FSB to "take" unless I go down in FSB. Any suggestions on this? I'd really like to get this thing sped up a few notches. Thanks...

Adam

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, you can't get ANY Celeron to run at 133FSB. It pushes them beyond their maximum MHZ capabilities. It would be very difficult to find a PIII 800E which would go to 133, and the Coppermine Celerons are defective PIII's.

Video killed my Radio Card!