the never ending battle.

G

Why do you peeps always go nuts when somebody makes a remark about a processor. I think both AMD and Intel are fine processors. Both very fast. I dont give a [-peep-] if 1 is a ms faster then the other. Intel is expensive yes but dont they have a right to price their products as they want it too? They made the damn thing didnt they. If I make an airplane of a piece of paper and paint some crap art on it and want to sell it for 5000 cause I think its art then its my right is it not. If people are going to buy it is a different question. A few years ago AMD was really inferior compared to intel allot has changed sinds then and now it doesnt really matter what you will buy cause it will be fast. I myself have bought a P4 1,7 GHz it costed even less then an athlon 1,33 Ghz heh so my choice was simple. I have it for a few weeks now and have no problems at all. Had 1 with ripping DivX movies but resolved it by using an other programs. Flaskmpeg highest quality possible max 14 fps nansub (SBC) max 27 fps at ultra high quality. So I'm happy thats whats important. Some people here really get stressed out when somebody says intel is great of amd is great. hah they are both great arent they. what else would you buy? Or will you make 1 yourself heh. Lighten up a bit, let people buy what they want with their hard earned money. Greets.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Yea, lighten up some, debate more. :smile:

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
where on earth are you buying P4 1.7 GHz cheaper than 1.33 GHz Tbird?
is intel selling it to you? I can understand them selling AMD chips more than their own.......

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
For work i use a 700mhz IBM PowerPC processor. Not bad at all i like it over both the P4 and the Athlon.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
He OBVIOUSLY got the remarkable 3d power of a 32 MEGABYTE TNT2 ULTRA card on his JIFFY fast p4 1.7GHZ !LOOK AT ALL THOSE GIGA HERTZ! NO WAY would you want a SLOW MO 1.33 GHZ THUNDERBIRD !"WOW LOOK AT HOW SMALL ITS GIGA HERTZ ARE, IT MUST SUCK"~Blueman!, YOUR TNT2 ULTRA IS BETTER THAN A GEFORCE 2 GTS, I MEAN IT'S AN ULTRA....YOWZA. ORDER TODAY.
Dell.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

Must be a red one with a 1.7 sticker?..hehe

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple>

ZER0

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
you are a idiot. did u miss the part where he stated he used his pc for dvd encoding. he'll gladly put his 1.7ghz p4 against a 1.33ghz tbird. so stfu you stupid amd troll.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Bite me zero, Im not an amd troll, I was making a joke based on his claim to have bought a 1.7ghz p4 system for less than a 1.3ghz system.(IE to have a cheaper system you have to have shitty parts) AND I threw a smack in on dell as well. So quit whining and go away.
Learn to read before you make stupid comments.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

For your info I have 512 MB RDRAMM now Asus P4T motherboard Asus Geforce 3 64MB vid card. Soundblaset live 5.1, Pioneer 16 speed DVD-Rom, Plextor 16/10/40 Burnproof writer, Asus 50 Speed Cdrom player, 2 Extra coolers and 2 maxtor 40 GB 7200 rpm HD's and I did not pay allot for it. Like you can see I like ASUS. They make great stuff. Comon do you think I'm stupid? buying an 1,7Ghz and a TNT2?????? what kind of a crap combo is that?

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
OK, there is NO WAY that the same setup with 512 megs ddr and a 1.33ghz cpu costs more than that setup, so, you must have been lying in your origional post(or waaaay to lazy to price things) going amd would have saved you at least 300 bucks for the same setup.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

Dude can you read??????????????
I said I paid less for my P4 1,7 GHz then I would for an AMD 1,33. Its just the processor dork. thats without the rest, and I bought different part in different stores. And eventually put it together myself. Its not a dell or a compaq or anything else. Its my own brandt hehehe. I was simply trying to say I got the processor for less cause I got 256 MB RDRAM (thats 2 times 128 before you have another remark) for free. Hehe intel is trying to make it affordable this way. With an athlon you get nothing. So take what I payed for the P4 1,7 GHz and remove the price for 2 times 128 MB RDRAMM and voilla you have a price that is lower then a AMD 1,33 GHz. Nothing bad towards AMD though, I love that little duron damn thats a powerhorse. So before you go on yelling about sumthing you dont know try asking it might help not make a fool of yourself.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
No, you are wrong. You pay 350 whatever, for the processor and get 256 megs of ram for free, you pay 120 for a tbird and buy 256 megs of pc133 or ddr for 30-40 bucks, and you STILL pay more, you cant deduct the price of the rambus to determine you paid less, you WOULDNT NEED THE RAMBUS IF YOU GET A TBIRD.

You would have spent less money for the tbird EVEN IF YOU HAD TO BUY THE DDR RAM AS WELL.

SO think about what you say before YOU call someone stupid.
Sounds like you got suckered by one of intels marketing gimmicks to me.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

A friend of mine works at a computer store. hehe enough said not even close to 350. But what I payed for it is beside the point. This post was started for the reason people are fighting over whether amd is junk or if intel is junk. hahaha dude's for all you know intel and amd could be working together not likely lol but they could. They are both making fine processors. Thats what I was trying to say. Anything over a gig is sweet. And you are the one that started going beserk immediatly saying my system sucks even before you knew what I have or read the post for a second time. Dude my system rocks and I'm happy with it, and If I would have an AMD 1,33 with 512 DDR then I would be happy too. I simply decided for a P4 for the price thats all. I'm not going to tell you what I payed for it but trust me its lower then the price You would pay in a copmutershop for an AMD 1,33 Ghz.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Let me break it down more for you.

P41.7ghz=328$

1.33Tbird=123

205 dollar difference.

128megs rambus=46 bucks (pricewatch for all prices)

so using your math.
328-92$ (the cost or 2 of those amazing rimms)=236$

So in your mind you paid 236 for your p4(without shipping, im being generous)

123<236, hell lets add 512 megs of ddr in there for 80
203<236, AND LETS GET SOME PENTHOUSE, OR A NICE GAME.

AND THE WAY YOU DID IT WAS DEAD WRONG

the right way to calculate the value of the chip+ free ram is to add the cost of providing an amd alternative

so it would be

328 for the p4 and 256 megs of rambus
vs
163-173 for a 1.33ghz tbird and 256 megs ddr ram

Meaning, YOU COULD HAVE SAVED 200 BUCKS BY GOING AMD.

That was my statement, all other magical facts, involving you knowing some guy in a computer store(just got the email with your reply) or the fact you put the system together piece meal, means diddly.
The fact is, for everyone who dosent have a boyfriend who works at a compy store, a p41.7ghz is NOT cheaper than a 1.33ghz tbird.

and when someone buys a system with a p41.7 and says they paid less than a system with a 1.33ghz tbird, that leads me to conclude(reasonably I may add) that the p41.7 system HAD to have cut corners to make up for said processor price difference.

And may I add, I was making a JOKE based on that fact in reply NOT to you, but to someone else, who also believed the price to be not possible.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, you have to admit that all considered, you have been coming off sounding like a complete jerk a lot. Joking or not, you could get your point across a lot nicer.

<pre><font color=orange>Sunnova</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Beach</font color=blue>, <i>ain't life a beach?</i></pre><p>

G

Well I did clearly say I payed less for this P4 and not a P4 costs less then an AMD didnt I???? dude I aint gonna reply to you anymore cause I have to go hehe, if you wanted to know details on how come I payed less you could have asked instead of attacking. But I did have some laughs with you haha thanks. Lighten up dude you are totaly missing the subject of my post. You say some people are blinded by intel but arent you blinded for AMD? If you cant afford to buy a P4 dont buy it, If you like AMD buy AMD but dont thrash Intel because you think AMD is so good. I think Intel is doing a great job, The chip performs great for my needs. Amd also makes excellent processors no doubt about that, I aint gonna thrash AMD just because I have an intel, If I could not get the P4 for this price then I would have probably have bought an AMD. The guys at Intel and AMD are doing a great job man cant you see that, this competition is great, the prices are falling and faster processors are coming out almost every month. No need to thrash any of them. I think you should be thankfull to both of them. Think about it. And if you think AMD or intel has flaws then mail them, explain it to them and give them a solution.
Was fun debating with you hehe bye

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Yes I could have, but I was mad that I made a joke and then some guy calls me a idiot troll, then the origionator of the post chastizes me for daring to think his system wasnt all that.
But im calm now.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I thrash P4 due to its price versus performance, and How it is not a good deal for 99% of the real poeple out there, who dont have connections with people in computer stores.

Intel is a good company with good chips, just NOT that one.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

FatBurger

Illustrious
Dude, you have to face the facts on this one. As much as I disagree with how Matisaro is posting this stuff, he's right.
If you got a good deal on the P4, then great. The fact remains that an AMD 1.33 is far cheaper than a P4 1.7
You can't deny that.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

Yeah offcourse I did not say that it is not so, just said that I paid less then an AMD would cost do you see the I, besides it was just an extra comment to the real subject, its totaly going the way here. he is missing the subject I posted. I got a deal ok, some people get deals. As I said If the difference was bigger and for me AMD would be cheaper then I would have bought an AMD simpel as that. But I didn't pehaps when I have to upgrade again I will buy an amd then. y point was that Both intel and amd are making good processors. Does anybody disagree here? you can say an Intel is [-peep-] but why? its rulez on MP4 encoding, you can say that AMD is [-peep-] but why it rulez on bussines appz. So what the point in arguing both have strong and weak points but in overal they are both fine processors. The price is intels decision, you dont have to buy it if you think it costs too much, you are not forced or sumthing. It is their right. But I do admit that I should have left the fact that my P4 was pretty cheap out of this post. Sorry for that I see that because of that people read it wrongly.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah, I didnt want to have a flame war, I just wanted to make a funny anti dell joke(having a 1.7ghz with some 8meg graphics card to even out the price). I didnt mean to attack the origionator of the post, then I get jumped on so I got upset, my bad.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~