Run?

G

Hi all,
I wouldnt normally post this question here, as I have already had it in another forum with no response, I need an answer soon.

Need some assistance here please.
I seemed to have lost the "run" from the start menu, anyone know how to get it back?

I have looked in the taskbar settings and cant see anything related. O/s Win ME...

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
impressive... I have no idea but I thought I'd post here for fun.

Actually this is possible in 95/98 through policy settings. I presume ME is the same. If you have the resource kit, you may have accidentally disabled Run. Did you do anything in registry recently or anything that may shed light on your predicament?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

Reason for loosing it was a virus called "SIRCAM A" was playing havoc with my e-mail. Went to Ontrack utilities site and used a virus remover program, which obviously did something to the regristry. Worked it out now, was in regedit etc. Thanx anyway :smile:

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple>

G

Check my reply to your reply to my other post! lol

Anyway thankyou for your advice Calv and Peteb.

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/25/01 04:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Man, sorry to see you got that virus. Two people at my company just got infected this morning. That means that they haven't logged out (and thus, in) in almost a week at least (so the virus definitions weren't updated at login), AND they downloaded the file off a webpage or something, since our software filters viruses out of all incoming mail.
We've had that virus filtered out of email 42 times this week. Not bad for a company of about 60 people.
It's a deadly virus, all over the news online.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

[peep] happens, :frown:

Just when I had everything just about perfect, lol.