ADSL Modem problem... Please Help...

Hello everyone,

I am from Sydney, and I currently have an ADSL broadband connection. My
modem is D-Link DSL-302G...

There are 2 kinds of connections available, and we can use the 2 connections
at the same time for 2 computers, namely, one computer uses USB connection,
and another computer uses Ethernet connection.

However, recently, I have a problem. The problem is that only one computer
can go onto the net. If another computer is turned on and tries to go onto
the net, the ADSL connection will drop, and no computer can be on net at
all.

What is the problem? I tried to uninstall the ADSL software and modem, and
then install again for both computers, but the problem still exists....

So, if anyone knows the problem, PLEASE!!! HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Lee
1 answer Last reply
More about adsl modem problem help

    Most likely your ISP has realized that you are taking up two IP
    addresses. The solution is to get a router. Since this is a Microsoft
    newsgroup we only talk about there hardware & it is not supposed to be
    sold outside the USA or Canada. Also it is no longer being made as of
    earlier this year. My suggestion is to get a router so you only take
    one IP address or purchase a second IP address from your ISP.

    J Lee wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am from Sydney, and I currently have an ADSL broadband connection. My
    > modem is D-Link DSL-302G...
    >
    > There are 2 kinds of connections available, and we can use the 2 connections
    > at the same time for 2 computers, namely, one computer uses USB connection,
    > and another computer uses Ethernet connection.
    >
    > However, recently, I have a problem. The problem is that only one computer
    > can go onto the net. If another computer is turned on and tries to go onto
    > the net, the ADSL connection will drop, and no computer can be on net at
    > all.
    >
    > What is the problem? I tried to uninstall the ADSL software and modem, and
    > then install again for both computers, but the problem still exists....
    >
    > So, if anyone knows the problem, PLEASE!!! HELP!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance!!!
    >

    > Lee

Routers Connection Computers Modem Networking