G

Hi all,
Finally I got the courage to remove my HSF and get the numbers off the CPU. Here they are:
A1000AMT3B
AXIA 0112 WPAW

and its blue!

I know what some of it means but I need someone to inform me on what it all means and what I can do to Overclock it?

<font color=blue>New sig soon </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/26/01 10:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

:smile: tell me more....

I really dont know alot about it..

<font color=blue>New sig' soon </font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
You probably won't be able to get up to 1.5 (without water cooling at least). What is on the third line?

And what heatsink do you have?

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

ok third line is:
<font color=blue>95406581450</font color=blue>

Ummm HSF you ask! If you can call it one. Its a Thermaltake mini copper orb.

<font color=blue>New sig' soon </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/27/01 02:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

If the CPU is that good I will do it, watercool, better mobo, decent ram etc. no problems there...

FatBurger

Illustrious
The CPU is decent (9s aren't as good as Ys), but before you get a new MB, watercooling, etc and start to overclock, I'd get a different CPU (1.4 AYJHA Y or something).
Don't get me wrong, that AXIA will go to 1.3, maybe 1.4 without too much difficulty, and a better heatsink (as long as your PSU holds up). But I wouldn't throw too much money at it (unless you want to upgrade anyway).

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

I can get it too 1.19g on fsb only as its locked and the awful GA-7ixe4 board only goes to 1.2g, so getting it too 1.3-1.4 is way cool.

Basically I only do photograph processing/scanning, internet, CAD and business related work on my system. Future use in video editing is planned. Not into games at all.

Well the plan is this:
Upgrade the cpu later when all the new stuff is released,
In the mean time I will get a decent Motherboard > undecided which one., cpu fan or watercooling whichever is appropriate, prolly water cooling . thinking danger den maze 2.1 kit as its the main one supplied to Australia at present.
Top quality ram, see if I can get crucial sent here if not kingmax.
As long as I can upgrade the cpu later thats the only concern.

Any suggestions on all the above?

Then put 1g t'bird back in another case and run at default for a family machine.

<font color=blue>New sig' soon </font color=blue>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I have a CPU like yours (as a backup). And since it's "B"
type (100mhz FSB) You probably won't get it as high as 1.5 or 1.4, as you will be stopped before ou can get to 133mhzFSB. You should be able to get a little higher than
100mhz though. I got one up to 115mhz. But at least pc133 ram won't be a bottle neck with the B CPU.

If you unlock the CPU you can use all the multiplier your
motherboard can give you...but that's probably only up to
what...12.5 ?? I got mine up tp 1200 but it took some tweaking....good luck and let us know how you do.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

G

I think the multiplier is locked at 10 on this board.

I dont accept cookies

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
It's not the MB that's locked the multiplier, it's the CPU.
You can unlock the CPU by closing all the L1 bridges on the CPU. I used a .3mm HB pencil to close mine. Do a search
on THG for "L1 bridges" and you will find a picture of them to help you understand what you need to do.

Other than that all you can do is bump the FSB (front side bus), up until it won't post. Then back it down when you hit that wall. When you get to the point where it won't post, you may need to clear the cmos to get going again.

I'm not sure what ur M/B is so I can't tell you whether the FSB can be increased by jumper/dipSW or BIOS.

"LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE STOPPING TRAFFIC"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 07/26/01 03:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

MB is as i said in previous post, GA-7ixe4 with bios from hell. Have had it as high as 1190mhz using the fsb, anything above that it stalls . Has to be switched of at the mains then it resets.

I managed to seat the HSF better as temp is now 32C @1100mhz reduced 8 deg C...

Ok just did L1 job, now what?

I dunno nuthin :wink: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/27/01 10:59 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Sorry, but your MB sucks :) Nothing personal...

If you don't have dipSW, jumper, or bios settings that allow Multiplier changes (which I've never seen one without
one of those three), then ur screwed :)

The only thing I can think of is that you may be able to
close bridges on the CPU that force a particular multiplier. I haven't done it though, ...only heard about it.

There's alot of smart people here and someone here must have your M/B and could probably tell you more. Post a thread with your board and model as the subject.

BTW, 1190mhz is really good speed for that CPU anyway.

"There's no such thing as gravity...the earth sucks"

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you should just get a new motherboard, one that has Multiplier and front side bus adjustment. I've heard lots of people have good results with the Asus A7V133.
I personally have an Epox 8K7A+ and I've overclock my 1.4 GHz chip about 6 different ways. I've gotten to a very fast 1.6 GHz through high front side bus settings.