Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Emitter boots off. Causes issues.

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 30, 2013 1:47:37 PM

Hello, It has bugged me ever since the later Nvidia drivers have been released after a clean install.
When I boot my PC the emitter stays in a off status with no lights. Upon using anything that uses the GPU such as a Game/Blueray I get a red curruption.
The easy fix is to close all programs and replug the USB back into the emitter then reswitch the option back to my Monitor to get the true 120hz 3D.

This never happened before and is bugging me sideways due to the constant need when rebooting and often causing issues if I have forgotten to do it.

Anyone recommend any fixes beyond the obvious reinstall. Thank You.

I have a Nvidia 3D Vision kit 2 working with a Benq XL2420T 120hz 3D monitor at 1080p.
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 30, 2013 4:37:43 PM

Have you tried newer or older drivers? I personally have never had this issue, but I do have a built in emitter with a 3D Vision 1 monitor.
January 30, 2013 4:48:53 PM

From what I remember is did it from the 3.12 drivers on Windows 7 64bit. So I bought Windows 8 64Bit and currently on 313.96 Beta drivers and exact same issue. Tomorrow I am going to try changing the cables but i somehow doubt it seeing it works fine when woken up.
Related resources
a c 80 Î Nvidia
January 30, 2013 4:52:41 PM

Actually, this could be a power setting issue with USB.

I have done this before. If you go to the control panel, and find the power saving settings, then you can create a custom plan, and choose when the USB goes to sleep, or even if it goes to sleep. This used to cause my USB devices to have drivers issues after sleeping and low power states, until I went in and changed it so the USB ports do not power down in lower power modes.
March 4, 2013 11:39:07 PM

bystander said:
Actually, this could be a power setting issue with USB.

I have done this before. If you go to the control panel, and find the power saving settings, then you can create a custom plan, and choose when the USB goes to sleep, or even if it goes to sleep. This used to cause my USB devices to have drivers issues after sleeping and low power states, until I went in and changed it so the USB ports do not power down in lower power modes.

Was first thing i ever changed and still does it every time. Though I just tried playing Tomb raider and pc crashed. Wiped my soundcard reg and currupted my Display drivers. Think it might just be a bad Windows 8 install. Will update when i know more.
!