what's the difference between AMD in 200 vs. 266

G

I'm considering building a system with the new ECS K7S5A Motherboard (with the sis 735 chipset) and using an AMD Athlon T-bird processor. I'm also thinking of putting in 256M of DDR ram. I see there are both 200 Mhz and 266 Mhz CPUs at each of the different speeds.

I'm wondering what's the difference between the two, and what would be better to go with (since they're both about the same price), a 1Ghz/266 or the 1.2Ghz/200?

Thanks for any opinions. Please be as non-technical as possible! Gracias

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Am I having a massive fit of deja vu, or is this something that just really comes up a lot in the CPU section?

I'm thinking Fredi should put up a message about searching the forum before writing new topics. Of course, at this point I'd just be happy to see a new sig of the week. This one has gone on for what feels like months.

-Intelicide: The act of marketing overriding engineers to kill a product before it can be released.

G

hehe, i actually asked the exact same question earlier today. scroll down a bit on hte thread screen and you will prolly see it :)

G

Sorry, I will look at the other post earlier. I understand it's a faster bus speed. But, what's the trade off between bus speed and processor speed. How much faster will a 1G/266 be versus a 1.2G/200? Or is it faster?

TRENDING THREADS