Virus after effects

Elaine95

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
A couple of years ago, my toshiba satellite laptop got infected by some viruses i can't remember. I ran malwarebytes and hopefully got rid of it, but a broken screen soon made it unusable. Now I have replaced the screen, and am considering using the backup disk I made when I first brought the computer to get rid of lingering traces, such as a missing windows security center etc and who knows what other havoc the virus made.

Now my problem - is there a way I can keep programs I currently have? I have a copy of Microsoft Office and Adobe photoshop courtesy of a friend who lent me their disk. I would hate to have to spend hundreds buying those software for an old computer at that.

Elaine95

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Ah, because if I remember each copy of microsoft can only do 3 or so machines, if I reinstall with my friends' disk would her key work again or count my machine as a new machine? I do have that key, but if it counts as another machine than I could hardly ask to use that key again. The key I used is legit as my friend brought hers and didn't have that many machines. It's Office 2007 though, so I might be better off just buying the 2010 myself hmm.

TRENDING THREADS