YAAP - Level 15 Chaotic Male Orcish Barbarian

What can I say? Frostbrand is a damn fine weapon for my Level 15
Chaotic Male Orcish Barbarian. Even if only enchanted to +5. I really
dont enchant beyond that, and usually +4 for armor. It seems safer, as
Ive had some accidents in the past. If anyone would care to post how
to safely enchant beyond that, it would be much appreciated.

On to the YAAP. Frostbrand was awesome. I had been using a +5 Cleaver
that I got from saccing, but I wanted to use something different.

This was my 3rd ascension, and first without wishing for the PYEC ;)

I thought that it would really present a problem, but I had plenty of
charges in my wands of death and teleport for the endgame. I did learn
one thing on the astral. Don't have your scrolls of charging out of
your bag, or else the fire ants can destroy them. I lost all of my
scrolls this way, and was scared for a moment.

But I didn't have to be. I zapped Pestilence twice, and broke a potion
of paralysis over Death's head while wearing a ring of free action.
Sliced him up nice with Frostbrand.

This ascension comes 1 month and a week after my first ascension. I
did Wizard, Tourist, and now Barbaraian. I think I want to play
something with casting ability next.

Until next post...

thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:
> What can I say? Frostbrand is a damn fine weapon for my Level 15
> Chaotic Male Orcish Barbarian. Even if only enchanted to +5. I really
> dont enchant beyond that, and usually +4 for armor. It seems safer, as
> Ive had some accidents in the past. If anyone would care to post how
> to safely enchant beyond that, it would be much appreciated.

You can safely enchant weapons or elven armor (or cornuthaums if
you're a wizard) when they're at +5, or other armor when it's at +3. If
you use a blessed scroll, you have a good chance of getting two
additional points, for a total +7 or +5, out of it.

If you're unlucky and it only gives you one point, for +6/+4,
it's not safe to enchant again. There are various ways to get it back
down to +5/+3 so you can try again, but I seldom find it worth the
bother.

Congrats on the ascension!

--
John Campbell
jcampbel@lynn.ci-n.com

In article <1126815346.819712.52170@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
thiskidrob@yahoo.com wrote:

> What can I say? Frostbrand is a damn fine weapon for my Level 15
> Chaotic Male Orcish Barbarian. Even if only enchanted to +5. I really
> dont enchant beyond that, and usually +4 for armor. It seems safer, as
> Ive had some accidents in the past. If anyone would care to post how
> to safely enchant beyond that, it would be much appreciated.

You can safely enchant weapons when they are at +5 or less. A blessed ?oEW
will make the weapon +6 or +7, uncursed +6. Also elven armor and
cornuthaums (only wizards?) can be enchanted safely when at +5. Normal
armor can be safely enchanted at +3. After these limits you need some luck
to succeed. I might forget something here, but hopefully there's no
mistakes..

> This ascension comes 1 month and a week after my first ascension. I
> did Wizard, Tourist, and now Barbaraian. I think I want to play
> something with casting ability next.

That's a fast pace after the first one! And a tourist as a second
ascension, very nice!-)

> Until next post...

Yep, and congratulations for this one!

--
Panu
"You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home",