Sign in with
Your question

Epson printer goes offline

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 2, 2013 4:32:38 AM

My Epson sx430 keeps going offline, I reinstall it and its ok for a short time, then goes offline again. Any ideas?

More about : epson printer offline

August 6, 2013 4:27:24 AM

louiswoolf said:
My Epson sx430 keeps going offline, I reinstall it and its ok for a short time, then goes offline again. Any ideas?

I have the same problem with an Epson SX215.
A temporary solution that I found is, before launching the printout, going to Printer --> Option & Supplies --> Utilities, then Open printer utility. At this point the OS mumbles and looks like it is searching and finding the printer. At this point, if you hit the printout, it works, at least for me. However, that's just for one print. For the next one, you have to do it again! Better than re-installing the driver each time, but definitely not a final solution.
Related resources
September 6, 2013 10:23:34 PM

Hi all. just bought an Epson xp-700 following reviews about its greatness. Not impressed - everything from rastertoescpII problems - overcome through issuing the computer a computer name, then the 'printer is offline' which can only be overridden by having a USB cable connected.

I dont buy the 'its a Mac problem' for one moment. if it was a Mac problem, it wouldn't be isolated to Epson printers.
i suspect Epson has lost control of its code writers and their codes for printer drivers are causing their own problems.

I am not interested in purchasing a wireless printer that isn't. Hopefully someone from Epson without a doctorate in computer code (perhaps a leader or someone who has the capacity and interest to communicate with people, not 01010101) will read this and start to rattle a few cages.

January 22, 2014 10:18:34 AM

The problem is that the printer has a different ip address than the one in it's driver.
First check the network setting on the printer to obtain the correct address. Then go to the control panel and devices and printers.
Right click on the epson printer and go to printer properties. Under the Ports tab you should see that the printer is printing to a network address, probably 192.168.0.10 or something close to that. Click on Configure Port and make sure that the ip address is the same as the one the printer is using.
!