Connecting Mac to network using Airport Card

Last response: in Networking
November 20, 2004 5:23:43 PM

Hi--I am trying to add a Mac G4 to my wireless home
network of PCs. The base station is a Microsoft MN-500. I
believe I know my password to administer the system, but
the Mac keeps on rejecting it and I am unable to get the
Mac to handshake with the base station. I don't believe I
can set up file sharing between the home computers and
that doesn't matter. What I need is internet connection so
I can download software updates for the Mac. Any
suggestions on how to get the Mac connected? Microsoft
telephone tech support does not support Macs and they
suggested using this method.
Thank you,
Tom Friedman
November 21, 2004 12:11:05 AM

You need to enter a character before the hexadecimal value to tell the
Mac that it is not a password, but a hexadecimal value. Someone else in
this group might know enough to tell you or you might try a google search.

Tom Friedman wrote:

> Hi--I am trying to add a Mac G4 to my wireless home
> network of PCs. The base station is a Microsoft MN-500. I
> believe I know my password to administer the system, but
> the Mac keeps on rejecting it and I am unable to get the
> Mac to handshake with the base station. I don't believe I
> can set up file sharing between the home computers and
> that doesn't matter. What I need is internet connection so
> I can download software updates for the Mac. Any
> suggestions on how to get the Mac connected? Microsoft
> telephone tech support does not support Macs and they
> suggested using this method.
> Thank you,
> Tom Friedman
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 5:42:46 PM

You might well find a solution amongst the excellent
pages on this site - I used it to successfully set up my
own mixed apple and pc network.

bridgarw

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/index.html