OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
Now all of that would have been somewhat mildly impressive, if you weren't a condescending, self-centered, egotistical tool. Keep that in mind next time you post. People may actually like to read your opinions if you keep them civil.

All the wassailing in the poad will not maketh the cracken bend any fustier. Think about it.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
So what programs do you think needs to be made? Any current goals? Can you make a top 10 needed new program list? Meaning programs that are not represented by any other program. Do you have imagination? Sorry for all the questions but it is interesting to me if you can answer maybe a few of them. TAH TAH.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well then if you've been troubleshooting for a while you know that all the code in the world doesn't amount to a hill of beens when you have the kinds of problems these guys face. Undersized coolers, power supplies, broken parts, misassembled parts, no knowlege of code required. I have over a thousand systems under my belt, all with warrantees.

Video killed my Radio Card!

i'm actually working on a checkbook program lol .. to balance my checkbook.. but i ran into a brick wall so i went out and spent 10 bucks on a nice program - titanium checkbook .. did everything i want it too and more and it gave me ideas i never thought of. like security and some other ideas complicated to talk about in words.

imagination? lol... check out my bugs invade game lol ... it's cool i think.. but i made it so ...

here is my webpage..

http://www.geocities.com/xxsk8er101xx

try out the game.. the source code of the game is included for your learning experience.. the library however has been formated so i don't have it nor would i even give that to you even if i did lol .. but it's there check it out! it was a lot of fun to make! and i think that should answer most of your questions once you at least look at the code from the game... more then likely it won't work but it's only 100k and why not just try it out and see if it does work.

My sig is better then your's!

of course.. coding and networking and IT are all different fields.. funny thing is though is that i wanna try 3D animation... make movies.. *shrugs* looks like a lot of fun.

i missed some questions i noticed ...

"So what programs do you think needs to be made? "

any program that you want is out there already. When coding you never code something new you always update existing code. So the answer to your questions is that everything has already been done it's just improved as time goes by.

"Any current goals? "

i think i mentioned the current goals hmmm... basicily learn as much as possible before going back to college which is UB.

"Can you make a top 10 needed new program list?"

everything has been done in my opinion - however have you people noticed in NT or 9x there is a button that says yes or yes to all or no. never a button that does no to all! lol whats up with that! It wouldn't be hard to program that either.. just copy the code from "yes to all" and change all the flags ... i dunno ...

"Do you have imagination?"

look at the code from the game that should answer that. heh

"Sorry for all the questions but it is interesting to me if you can answer maybe a few of them. TAH TAH."

lol no problem!

G

i got started in Johnys Beach House Arcade with my brother when i was about ten. i had a paper route and blew all my subscription money on Donkey Kong. my dad had to pay back all the money, but i did have the high freakin score!

I am the master of my Brother word processor. i have hacked its registry so i can actually type twice as fast as the next guy.....damn im good. Plus, i can code in Basic all day and not get anywhere! can you say that? Hopefully, some day i can get an Ibm Pc jr and really teach you guys a thing or two!

ignore everything i say

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Thanks for the reply, I will check out your game and thanks for the link. Now don't assume everything has been done under the sun with programming. That is why I asked about if you have imagination. Here are some programs that don't exist but are now possible with the right system.

1. Excercise program where a 3d figure takes you through a tour of excercises in real time:
. . a. You take body measurements of your body as in waist, thighs, arm thickness, neck, lengths of everyting etc. etc. etc.
. . b. The body on the screen will match your own body after you input the data.
. . c. A picture scan of your face could be done and mapped on the face so that you have a representation of you on the screen.
. . d. Using data as you progress you can calculate what different excercise routines will have on your body in the future and your progress will also be there.
. . e. You can compare your orginal look to the present look and beyond, (motivational)
. . f. Program will automatically determine if the excercises you are doing are effective and shift the routine as necessary.
. . g. Weightloss could be predicted as well as calorie usage.
. . h. Simple monitoring devices such as heart rate could aid the program into optimizing your work out for maximum results.
. . i. You will see the perfect form for each excercise that your body should make at any view angle
. . j. Overlay of muscle on skeleton view point to see which muscles you are working in real time during the excercise.
. . k. Perfect for health clubs and home use by making it also network capable with a database of each person.
. . l. New excersises can be inputed into program for analysis of which muscles will be used bases on body mechanics.
. . m. Handicapped people can input joints or areas that are limited, program finds alternate ways to excercise those areas to minimize possible injury etc. A.K.A bad lower back - program does a different routine for strengthening upper body and stomack muscles.
(That is one program that does not exist but now with the GF3 and Rad2 with programmable vertex shaders it is possible. Maybe difficult to program since it is new but it is possible now.)

2. Martial Art training program.
3. Dance training program.
4. Rocket theory and construction program, Mission Mars. You design and test your own rockets.

Your imagination is the limit, if you don't have it then you will have to work for someone that does. A program that doesn't exist and if useful will have the greatest chance of making money for you. Take example of Quicken. I thought the above in 10 minutes, so can you. Only problem is that I don't have the programming experience as you do, I am learning but it does take time. Any idea how I can learn faster to program?

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

very interesting

i never even thought about it *shrugs* then again it was 1am ... hmm... so basicly more programs related to health then database and server applications and system software.. and of course games. That would boost the computer industry because just think how fast of a processor you would need to run those health applications... and it must not crash ... with todays "stuff" i don't think we are advanced enough yet... we still have slow processors (in my opinion for health programs) and the computers still crash (thank bill gates). The graphics cards i think have just hit that mark where they are fast enough. I think the video section is far more advanced then the cpu and system app technology.

In 5 years you'll be buying nvidia processors and intel and AMD will be playing catchup ... you'll be buying linux 2005 system apps instead of windows-crashed-my-computer 2005... heh .. just a thought.

G

>>When coding you never code something new you always update existing code.<<

What a crock of [-peep-]! Sorry xx, but I've been doing this ALOT longer than you and that is total crud.

<font color=blue>"Yeah, microchips, but what... is it good for?"</font color=blue>

well then tell that to my professor who has a masters degree and has been doing programming a LOT longer then you! I'm just repeating what she said ... she said you update existing code and rarely make up new code.

edited to keep my cool ....

My sig is better then your's!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xxsk8er101xx on 07/29/01 12:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you say you have imagination and point to your bugs invade game......lol, it looks like an exact copy of space invaders. That is not imagination. Why don't you program something original....then you can say you have imagination.

[-peep-] you!

starcract warcraft .. ya ... mmhmm... command and conquer .. dune they are all the same!... doom, hectic, quake 3 half life... all the same! so shut up you don't even know the meaning of orginality! have you played my game!!!!! it is nothing like space invaders dumb ass! you suck! the fact is you can NEVER make a game EVER! why don't you take your comments and shuv it up your ass! at least i can make a game! you ignorant nobody loser who says someones game sucks but can't even make one themselves! hypocrite!

your like the person that says "that football player sucks" ... but the fact of the matter is that you suck more then him and you can NEVER play on any team ever! just like you can never make any game cos you suck! loser!

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
sorry, you are right, you are so qualified, you took some programming classes and passed them....what was I thinking insulting someone of your talent? I mean, come one, you have been in the computing industry what, 2 years or so. Oh wait, I forgot, when you were 9 you had a 486 (not to mention you were the only one on the block to have one). You are one qualified son of a bitch. I am surprised Blizzard of Microsoft or Intel hasn't hired you as a program manager to manage new programs. I mean, come on, you have one damn good imagination and are more than qualified with that Associates in CS and that 486 you had when you were 9. ROTFLMAO

G

Hey if your programs behave the same way you do I really wouldnt want them on my system.

BTW I will send you 20cents...so you can call someone who gives a damn.

:cool: Go stick that in ya pipe and smoke it!

you speak nothing but bs and you have no idea what your talking about. your assumptions make you look like an ass. have you forgottin i'm still in school?

you make no sense at all. when did i say i was qualified? i just said i made a game i also made a compiler. the fact is you can't!

G

You implied your qualifications in the post heading, and what an intelligent reply..thankyou kind sir..

:cool: Go stick that in ya pipe and smoke it!

ya now compare that with your reply i think i was being pretty polite... if you were so mature you would have ignored it and not even bothered saying anything... what you said was a waste of time and energy... have fun with your arrogant selves i'm outa here.. i can't take such stupidity and lack of skills to even have a intelligent dialouge. do you even know what it is? it's a conversation which most of you lack! get real! hypocrite!

G

>>well then tell that to my professor who has a masters degree and has been doing programming a LOT longer then you! I'm just repeating what she said ... she said you update existing code and rarely make up new code.<<

Your professor is a complete moron then. I too have a masters degree and have been programming for 12 years in the real world. Your professor probably went straight from getting her degree to teaching because she couldn't get a job. Don't put too much faith in your professor, she sounds like an idiot.

<font color=blue>"Yeah, microchips, but what... is it good for?"</font color=blue>

naw - she actually didn't like it so she went on to teaching. programming isn't exactly fun in her perception. She is a very good teacher btw. She was a programmer for nasa or something; she programmed missles and all that - sounds super boring. I think it depends on where you work too.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Unless your like me attending MIT and teaching myself <i>C Sharp</i>, I would keep my mouth shut.
BTW--C/C++, Basic, Assembly, and Pascal are very easy to learn....try teaching yourself Scheme.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>