Funny coincidence

There are several objects here.
f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
# offer
What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
An object appears at your feet!
The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
Your movements are now unencumbered.
You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.

This cracked me up...
7 answers Last reply
More about funny coincidence

    Drew Levitt wrote:
    > There are several objects here.
    > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > # offer
    > What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
    > Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
    > An object appears at your feet!
    > The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
    > Your movements are now unencumbered.
    > You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.
    >
    > This cracked me up...

    Just so you know, you don't have to pick up the corpse to sacrifice it.

    Drew Levitt wrote:
    > There are several objects here.
    > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > # offer
    > What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
    > Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
    > An object appears at your feet!
    > The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
    > Your movements are now unencumbered.
    > You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.
    >
    > This cracked me up...

    Don't worry :-) this happens regularly. See r.g.r.n archives, e.g.
    3 Sep. 2004, Artemis the Ranger
    13 Aug. 2002, Janis
    and a lot more often unpublished I am sure.

    But I suppose that's never happening with Demonbane! ;-)

    Janis

    On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:23:37 GMT
    BManx2000 <bmanx2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Drew Levitt wrote:
    > > There are several objects here.
    > > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > > # offer
    > > What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
    > > Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
    > > An object appears at your feet!
    > > The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
    > > Your movements are now unencumbered.
    > > You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.
    > >
    > > This cracked me up...
    > >

    > Just so you know, you don't have to pick up the corpse to sacrifice it.

    You do if it's not already on an altar.

    Robert Jordan wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:23:37 GMT
    > BManx2000 <bmanx2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Drew Levitt wrote:
    > > > There are several objects here.
    > > > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > > > # offer
    > > Just so you know, you don't have to pick up the corpse to sacrifice it.
    > You do if it's not already on an altar.

    Not necessarily. You'd probably burn through several wands of teleport
    before you got that lucky, but it is possible to move a heavy corpse to
    an altar without lifting it...

    [/mindless pedantry]

    Drew Levitt wrote:
    > There are several objects here.
    > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > # offer
    > What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
    > Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
    > An object appears at your feet!
    > The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
    > Your movements are now unencumbered.
    > You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.
    >
    > This cracked me up...

    I reckon the RNG has a sense of humor...

    -K
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    On 19 Sep 2005 02:18:53 -0700
    dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

    > Robert Jordan wrote:
    > > On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:23:37 GMT
    > > BManx2000 <bmanx2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > > > Just so you know, you don't have to pick up the corpse to sacrifice it.
    > > You do if it's not already on an altar.
    >
    > Not necessarily. You'd probably burn through several wands of teleport
    > before you got that lucky, but it is possible to move a heavy corpse to
    > an altar without lifting it...
    >
    > [/mindless pedantry]

    [/truth]
    :)
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    "Kremti" <kremti@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Drew Levitt wrote:
    > > There are several objects here.
    > > f - a troll corpse. You rebalance your load. Movement is difficult.
    > > # offer
    > > What do you want to sacrifice? [fI or ?*] f
    > > Your sacrifice is consumed in a burst of flame!
    > > An object appears at your feet!
    > > The voice of Anhur booms: "Use my gift wisely!"
    > > Your movements are now unencumbered.
    > > You have a little trouble lifting j - a morning star named Trollsbane.
    > >
    > > This cracked me up...
    >
    > I reckon the RNG has a sense of humor...

    Yes, a sadistic sense of humor...

Games Video Games