  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2005 11:56:18 PM

I'd like to run some solo modules to get my pre-teen son started
playing d20 DnD. Anyone know of some good sources to download solo D20
modules?

Gwen

More about : solo modules start son

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 8:02:52 AM

Gwen Morse wrote:
> I'd like to run some solo modules to get my pre-teen son started
> playing d20 DnD. Anyone know of some good sources to download solo
D20
> modules?
>
> Gwen

D20 isn't really known for solo adventures. I think you *might* be able
to find some one-on-one (One DM and one player) adventures on RPG
Archives, but I'm not sure. If I had the time, I wouldn't be adverse to
writing a few up for you.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:15:01 PM

<julian814@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Gwen Morse wrote:
>> I'd like to run some solo modules to get my pre-teen son started
>> playing d20 DnD. Anyone know of some good sources to download solo
> D20
>> modules?
>>
>> Gwen
>
> D20 isn't really known for solo adventures. I think you *might* be able
> to find some one-on-one (One DM and one player) adventures on RPG
> Archives, but I'm not sure. If I had the time, I wouldn't be adverse to
> writing a few up for you.

Right, DnD is a social activity, not an 'alone in your room' activity. But,
there are DnD type things for the soloist-

Computer games for one- Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate I and II,
Neverwinter Nights, Temple of Elemental Eveil, etc.

There's also the 'Fighting Fantasy' books by Steve Jackson (the other one),
which are similar in concept to DnD and which should be available at your
local Borders or Amazon.com.

There were some solo adventures by the (real) Steve Jackson for GURPS and In
the Labyrith, which are long out of print but which some hobby shop might
have in a box some where.