My SP2 Good Experiences

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

I upgraded a Dell 9100 Inspiron running XP Pro, a Gateway 710XL
running Xp Pro, and an older Gateway GP6-450 which I upgraded to HP
Home from 98SE all to XP SP2 this weekend. All went 100% flawlessly.

Interestingly, I run Norton Internet Security and after the install, a
Symantec window popped up asking if I'd like to keep using my Norton
Internet Security firewall instead of the Microsoft firewall. I said
yes and it set the Microsoft firewall to the OFF position. I did
manually load the Security Center and played a while (turned the MS
firewall ON, and the NIS OFF) and all seemed as expected.

I will stick with the Norton Internet Security since I've had very
good luck with it and have "child" level accounts for my kids.

Bob

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

Thanks, I appreciate the input, Bob.

I have put SP2 onto the Gateway computer in the hamshack (don't remember the
Gateway model number, but it is less than one year old) and everything went
without a hitch. I figured that computer was the least troublesome to
rebuild if something went kaflooey.

I still have my 700XL and 200X notebook to do. I thought I'd give the SP2 a
few days of running on the 'shack 'chine before I commit the other two
units.

Again, thanks for the "warm fuzzy."

de WA4MQY
(aka Turner)