Close call in Fort Ludios

Billy Chan the tourist just had a close call in Fort Ludios. Probably
was saved due his low AC (-38). Since an early DL4 find of a shield of
reflection and 2 lamp wishes for black dragon scale mail and speed
boots, Billy has been cruising along. Dual-wielding Magicband and a +3
silver sabre he has had no major trouble so far. Past Medusa but not
yet to the castle he decided to go back and search for the Fort in
order to finish purchasing his protection. While hacking though the
first room he slew a cockatrice in the doorway to the zoo. Not paying
particular attention to what the soldiers where doing he proceeded to
begin slaying all comers. Part way through a brave soldier decided to
pick up and wield the rubber chicken. In the flurry of activity Billy
did not immediately notice and allowed the soldier a couple of swings.
A very nicely kitted out tourist then quickly proceeded to slice and
dice the foolhardy soldier and tin the chicken. Whew, close one!

I expect a YASD shortly however since Billy is looking quite ascendable
at the moment and I have broken my own rule not to post details on
promising characters since they inevitably fall victim to the 'I have
posted about this character and he will soon die' curse.

-manchu

On 2005-09-19, manchu wrote:
> While hacking though the
> first room he slew a cockatrice in the doorway to the zoo. Not paying
> particular attention to what the soldiers where doing he proceeded to
> begin slaying all comers. Part way through a brave soldier decided to
> pick up and wield the rubber chicken. In the flurry of activity Billy
> did not immediately notice and allowed the soldier a couple of swings.
> A very nicely kitted out tourist then quickly proceeded to slice and
> dice the foolhardy soldier and tin the chicken. Whew, close one!

That's the scariest thing about c corpses. It isn't all that bad
though: Being hit with a wielded corpse is no insta-stone. You get to
take a bite off your lizard corpse first.

--
Jann Ohle Claussen | GPG-Key-ID E7149169
http://www.stud.uni-goettingen.de/~s251251

Ohle Claussen wrote:
> On 2005-09-19, manchu wrote:
> > While hacking though the
> > first room he slew a cockatrice in the doorway to the zoo. Not paying
> > particular attention to what the soldiers where doing he proceeded to
> > begin slaying all comers. Part way through a brave soldier decided to
> > pick up and wield the rubber chicken. In the flurry of activity Billy
> > did not immediately notice and allowed the soldier a couple of swings.
> > A very nicely kitted out tourist then quickly proceeded to slice and
> > dice the foolhardy soldier and tin the chicken. Whew, close one!
> >
> That's the scariest thing about c corpses. It isn't all that bad
> though: Being hit with a wielded corpse is no insta-stone. You get to
> take a bite off your lizard corpse first.
>
> --
Ahhh, well I thought it was insta-stone. I would have been okay since
I always carry a little dried lizard for just those times of
occasions...