bard

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

Demma - Lawful Dwarven Valkyrie

Made it to mine town and discovered the temple was co-aligned. Using
"The Protection Racket" lowered my total AC to -5. Satisfied, I turned
back to level and then head for Sokoban. Outside the temple, my Large
Dog kills a Dwarf:

Me: *bright idea* Hey! Dwarf Corpse! I'll just go sacrifice this!

Priests of Tyr make very short work of 1st level dwarven valkyries. -5
AC be damned.

Sometimes I wonder where I put my brain. ;)

Your humble and obedient Renaissance Man,

Bard

bard

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

I've been a bit taken with the protection racket lately. Mainly
experimenting with it as a playing style, since I can't seem to get any
character past the Big Room. Dropping my base AC seemed like a good
strategy to try. I've tried it with valks wizards and healers. I'm
about ready to give up though. It's just not worth the frustration.

Quoting Bard <bardofawen@gmail.com>:
>Demma - Lawful Dwarven Valkyrie
>Made it to mine town and discovered the temple was co-aligned. Using
>"The Protection Racket" lowered my total AC to -5.

Why would you mess around with the protection racket with a dwarven
Valkyrie? They're not exactly short of combat power anyway - why risk the
level 1 run through dangerous territory?

>Me: *bright idea* Hey! Dwarf Corpse! I'll just go sacrifice this!
>Priests of Tyr make very short work of 1st level dwarven valkyries. -5
>AC be damned.

You didn't have -5 AC after the same-race sacrifice.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Monday, September.

TRENDING THREADS