YANI: Make Rodney smarter

I mention this because in my second-to-last ascenscion I zapped Rodney
with Wod 7 times and each time he came back for more.

It seems plausible to me that a super-intelligent evil-overlord type
wizard who spends most of his time meditating would start to catch on
after the second or third time "this guy keeps killing me; why is
that?" -- and take precautions.

So the game keeps track of exactly what killed Rodney -- if he is
killed 3 times with a WoD, the 4th time he's generated he's generated
with an amulet of reflection. If he's killed too often with weapons,
the next time he comes in wearing crystal plate and carrying wands to
engage from a distance. If he's killed with fire, the next time he
comes back with a ring of fire resistance.

The idea is to force the player to not rely on any one method of
Rodney-B-Gone -- whatever works once or twice will not be guaranteed to
work a third time. This will force the player to consider different
methods and have alternate plans for dealing with ol' Rod .. it'll
force the player to stay one step ahead of him, instead of becoming
complacent.

The ability to abuse his body after death, e.g. carving insulting
tattoos on him as a memento of his most recent defeat, which he would
then have to have the next time he's generated, would not be taken
amiss either.

Oh, while we're at it... why not give him martial arts abilities like
Master Kaen? Is it really right that the main nemesis in the dungeon
is not the biggest, baddest, toughest non-demon baddie in the game?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

In article news:<1127238607.237994.284360@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<pendell@hotmail.com> says...

> So the game keeps track of exactly what killed Rodney -- if he is
> killed 3 times with a WoD, the 4th time he's generated he's generated
> with an amulet of reflection.

[CoMR I think would be better. "oR would defend against all ray attacks,
[CoMR only against FoD and MM (and striking/force bolt, a beam attack, but
who would use that?).

> Oh, while we're at it... why not give him martial arts abilities like
> Master Kaen?

Because he's a wizard ;)