MN-500 Not working correctly

Last response: in Networking
November 21, 2004 2:42:44 AM

I have a MN-500 wireless base station using an MN-500 pc
card. My connection was working good and normal. Now, my
connection is horribly bad. I even placed my computer
right next to the base station to test the reception and
it still saids very low. I'm not sure what's wrong, my
base station use to have great range now it's really bad
even up close..? Is there something wrong with my base
station? I test my MN-500 card to see if that could be it,
but it detected several other stations around my
neighborhood just find. At that range, I doubt it's my
card.

What am I missing here? My network was working perfectly
find for over a year, now suddently it stopped working?

More about : 500 working correctly

November 21, 2004 6:56:57 AM

Did you install SP 2 recently? If so, that is the issue.
There is now an updated driver for the MN-500 broadband
network, available through this site somewhere.

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 2:15:07 PM

Actually, i haven't installed SP2 yet. Still using SP1. I
didn't make any drastic changes to my computer. (Win XP
Pro)

November 21, 2004 3:39:23 PM

I feel like the wireless part is not working anymore
after 2 years, my wired connection works when I plug into
the ports though.

Is Microsoft selling low quality products?

November 24, 2004 6:44:16 AM

Hi John...
I've been using the MN-500 for two years and very pleased
with it. Have you downloaded the most recent version?
Jake

!