Starting a new game as a Ranger, my first-ever sacrifice is a garter
snake...and Mars gives me Orcrist. OK, not so impressive a gift, but
who knew Mars was such a soft touch? Actually, of course, it's a bad
thing - I get a relatively useless artifact and my prayer timeout is
increased. Good thing I had more garter snake corpses.

--
Oh to have a lodge in some vast wilderness. Where rumors of oppression
and deceit, of unsuccessful and successful wars may never reach me

Jeremiah DeWitt Weiner wrote:
> Starting a new game as a Ranger, my first-ever sacrifice is a garter
> snake...and Mars gives me Orcrist. OK, not so impressive a gift, but
> who knew Mars was such a soft touch? Actually, of course, it's a bad
> thing - I get a relatively useless artifact and my prayer timeout is
> increased. Good thing I had more garter snake corpses.

As you said, it's a bad thing. I don't think he was really
pleased...just felt like making your life a little more difficult,
perhaps.

-K