Pissed off with GTA3

Dukebot

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
I just bought GTA3. I've installed it and when i go to play it where the menu should be it is all blocky. In the readme itis stated that they have problems with WinXP and GTA3. I have WinXP 5.1.2505 Build 2505 and to fix this problem i have to install a Service Pack which requires Build 2600. When I try to install it i get a message saying "You can only install this update on Build 2600 to Build 2600." Do I need a newer version of WinXP Pro? Is there anyway i can tamper with the registry to make it think i'm running Build 2600 to install this service pack?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
What i think it means is, to quote Microsoft, "Die Hacker, we hate you, your stealing our petty 200 dollars, waaa waaa waaaa".

Its either that or you just need to run the full windows update.

If neither of those works buy a legal copy of Windows XP, because I think that means you don't have one.

GTA3 runs fine on XP, just beat the game on Windows XP pro without a problem.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Dukebot

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
Hey DerkHead,
I wanted some help to a real problem not a friken' bullshit insult from some dude with erection problems.
I have a legal copy of Windows XP so your "assumption" was a crock of [-peep-]
Thank You! DerkHead

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hmmm....2505 isn't the final version of WinXP. You're running on a beta I think. I'm almost positive that 2600 is the final version since that's what I have.

Did you buy a retail copy of WinXP pro in the store?

<font color=red>I have a computer and it does weird stuff. please help.</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
<A HREF="http://www.bugtoaster.com/dw15/Reports/OperatingSystems.asp" target="_new">http://www.bugtoaster.com/dw15/Reports/OperatingSystems.asp</A>

Yeah, you're running on an old beta. Get a real version of WinXP.

<font color=red>I have a computer and it does weird stuff. please help.</font color=red>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I stand vindicated. Nerfherder. :smile:

Didn't know that list existed, thanks, site might be helpful sometime, bookmarked it.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by williamc on 06/12/02 01:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>