Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BSOD randomly + freezing

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 27, 2013 10:55:30 AM

So i just bought a new HDD cuz my old one was rly old and i've had a lot of BSODs lately so i through its from the old HDD so i just bought a new one but the problems still occur randomly
problems:
-randomly freezing
-randomly freezing and a BSOD afterwards

i've ran a memorytest using the windows 7 disk - no errors found
i've also tried swapping my RAM on the other slots still occuring
atm i am using safe mode with networking just to make sure i dont freeze while asking for my problem because its irritating as hell

specs:
MB - ASUS P5KPL-SE
RAM - 1x2GB DDR2 800MHz Kingston
Video - Gygabite 9600GT ( silent edition aka just a radiator no fan)
CPU - Intel Core Duo 6500
new HDD - WD Caviar Green 2TB


EDIT: also it usually crashes when i watch videos but it doesn't now when i am in Safe Mode

More about : bsod randomly freezing

a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:02:15 AM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:03:27 AM

the hard drive is brand new 1 day old the old one was faulty so i recently bought the new HDD and i installed win7 clean on it

EDIT: also im still in safe mode and no crashes or freezes yet so it probably is faulty drivers in my opinion
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:18:44 AM

tedios said:
the hard drive is brand new 1 day old the old one was faulty so i recently bought the new HDD and i installed win7 clean on it

EDIT: also im still in safe mode and no crashes or freezes yet so it probably is faulty drivers in my opinion



Hi :) 

In my shops we TEST every hard drive as they arrive... from couriers... around 20% fail...even though BRAND NEW....

Test it...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:21:31 AM

Go to Windows 7 Action Centre, Maintenance Tab, and View Reliability History. Post back any Critical Events at a time when you had a blue screen.

I think you should have a look at your Graphics Card Drivers. Unfortunately your motherboard does not have onboard Graphics.

Also, if you have a spare PSU, it will be a good idea to switch and test.

What other Rams have you tried ? I can see your motherboard supports Dual Channels Ram modules. I will suggest you find different brands of Ram if you haven't already.

1. Find a spare PSU, install and test
2. Find a good driver Uninstaller, completely remove video driver then allow windows to install a default one on startup
3. Try Dual channel Rams or a different brand of Ram

m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:28:31 AM

report 1 :
Quote:
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎27.‎1.‎2013 ‎г. 14:41 ч.

Status
Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1026

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000080010A6C2A
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002AE30F7
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1


Report 2
Quote:
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎27.‎1.‎2013 ‎г. 11:21 ч.

Status
Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1026

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA9A351B981B
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002A6BBEF
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1


report 3
Quote:
Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎27.‎1.‎2013 ‎г. 01:05 ч.

Status
Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1026

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8002A57748
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:39:20 AM

Can you try with the BlueScreenView software and post back ?

I'm not getting any detailed info from Windows 7
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 11:51:23 AM

Nedal0 said:
Can you try with the BlueScreenView software and post back ?

I'm not getting any detailed info from Windows 7


i just downloaded bluescreenview how exactly can i give u the data that u need

edit: if you meant this
http://pastebin.com/89z1bbZV
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 3:17:30 PM

Yes that's fine. I believe this is a Ram issue. Have you tried what I suggested above ?

A lot of people with the Gygabite 96XX Graphics Cards have the issue and I'm not sure if it is indeed the Ram on the Card or Actual Ram Modules on the PC causing this.

Please follow my suggestions from above and also make sure you have the most current chipset driver and other updates for your motherboard
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 3:23:47 PM

Nedal0 said:
Yes that's fine. I believe this is a Ram issue. Have you tried what I suggested above ?

A lot of people with the Gygabite 96XX Graphics Cards have the issue and I'm not sure if it is indeed the Ram on the Card or Actual Ram Modules on the PC causing this.

Please follow my suggestions from above and also make sure you have the most current chipset driver and other updates for you motherboard




ill go swap my ram stick tomorrow with a new one because i still have a warranty
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 4:06:04 PM

Please do that let me know if anything changes
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 3:41:55 PM

Nedal0 said:
Please do that let me know if anything changes


Since the service center had to test it before they could replace it their tests came back negative aka they had no problems whatsoever with the ram stick - they ran memorytest and it came back w/o errors i ran it on my pc and it had errors on the 5th pass. they ran prime95 no errors... i ran prime95 insta bsod....
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 8:32:13 PM

I'm not surprised the Service Center did not find anything. They never do :) . Did the PC BSOD whiles they had it ? My guess is they probably will not tell you such info.

m
0
l
January 28, 2013 8:48:26 PM

BSOD usually cause by hardware or driver error. How did you download your OS? Did you have clean start? I suggest you update all your drive again. Easier if you just re-download win 7, and perform an update.

By looking at your report, there might be a problem with your RAM.
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 4:53:37 AM

Nedal0 said:
I'm not surprised the Service Center did not find anything. They never do :) . Did the PC BSOD whiles they had it ? My guess is they probably will not tell you such info.


well since its a company that i know and i have a minor in IT, they told me what i did but it strange cuz when i am in safe mode its working just fine ( doesnt crash on movies/clips ), but when i am not it crashes like crazy
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 7:49:11 AM

The crashing during videos should be a Video Driver issue. Let me suggest one thing. Please install this codec pack and lets see what happens.

Install the Klite Codec Pack from the link below :

http://codecguide.com/

Also if there is any previous history with the PC we don't know about, now will be a good time to let us know. Someone had a similar issue elsewhere and we tried helping for at least a full month only to realize his brother swapped his Heat Sink and that was the issue. To be honest, that was a total waste of time but we all learn from these things I guess.
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 12:30:07 PM

Nedal0 said:
The crashing during videos should be a Video Driver issue. Let me suggest one thing. Please install this codec pack and lets see what happens.

Install the Klite Codec Pack from the link below :

http://codecguide.com/

Also if there is any previous history with the PC we don't know about, now will be a good time to let us know. Someone had a similar issue elsewhere and we tried helping for at least a full month only to realize his brother swapped his Heat Sink and that was the issue. To be honest, that was a total waste of time but we all learn from these things I guess.



I am with Klite and still the same problem i went to the service yesterday and i let em inspect my video card and no errors there so the things left are the MB, PSU or the CPU
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 12:34:51 PM

I am curious what the service centre think the issue is.

Haven't you had them look the overall issue for you ?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 12:41:13 PM

With you not getting errors or lockups in Safe Mode something is loading up in normal mode and causing the BSODs.

It's time you take a look at everything running and starting up when your computer does.

I would recommend using Autoruns.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.

This may not help but it's somewhere to start simple.
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 3:41:10 PM

actually it was a problem with some capacitors on my MB i got em fixed and no problems now
m
0
l
February 1, 2013 3:53:30 PM

Good to hear its all fixed now.

Enjoy
m
0
l
!