No one at M.S. could figure this out!!

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, i stumped everyone at the microsoft newsgroup with my 3d text screensaver issue. in case you dont know, heres what im trying to do. i work at a school and just put 30 computers in the language lab. i hated the winxp logon screen screensaver so i changed it in the registry to 3d text. i had already added the school name in the text line under settings through desktop etc. soooo, i got rid of the default xp screensaver (thats good) and changed it to 3d text, but now in stead of the text i entered, it says "microsoft windows"!!! (thats even worse!! )
any of you bright folks have any ideas?

....the crows seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
yeah, i figured that... when i check the different screensaver reg settings, everyone of them has the name of the school in it. there must be a setting i have to change from a 0 to a 1 to disable the default logon 3d text screensaver text. hmmmmm....

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i got it.
go to key \hkey_users\.default\software\microsoft\screensavers\text3d
you have to put a string value name DisplayString with a value of what ever you want it to say. for more settings you can change go to
\hkey_users\s-1-5-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\software\microsoft\screensavers\text3d
all the keys in there change the setting for the screen saver, you just have to create the keys in the first reg folder i said.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
my question is, why are you straying away from the herd for your questions? whats wrong with you man!!! and asking a deep question about a ms product on an ms site? that will never work.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
it was a moment of weakness.... it was kinda funny, they didnt tell me anything i hadnt already done. I'LL NEVER GO AGAIN!!