Which USB hub?

cpark90

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Hey everyone, So i'm in the market for a USB hub for my fairly new PC. Ive done some research but everything seems kinda outdated so I was wondering if anyone had any advice or recommendations? I also would like to know if it would be a good idea to go for usb 3.0 since my mobo can use it rather than 2.0? I would like to keep the price between $10-$20 preferably on the lower end, and also 7 ports but I could live with 4 or 5.

thanks

if you have usb 3.0 out on your motherboard then it woudln't hurt to future proof with a usb 3.0 hub - if you can even find one. keep in mind that the majority of devices still use 2.0 so they will not benefit from the difference.

the one you picked out seems to be a no-name brand with bad tech support. buy at your own risk. as for specs... looks to be decent.

a note about hubs:
just because you can plug in up to 7 devices don't expect full usb 2.0 (or 3.0) speeds from every device at the same time. think of it as more of a "switch" in that each has to take its turn. if you don't need to have 5+ devices plugged in constantly you could probably get away with just a usb extender cable from the back of the pc and save $30.