fode

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi,

My system config is as below :

CPU : i3770
Mobo : GA-Z77x-D3H
GPU : Sapphire 7870 Ghz Edition
One monitor is connected to onboard GPU and the other is connected to HD7870.

After investigation, seems that BSOD happened after the system went to sleep and rebooted. I noticed that this happen after I have installed the HD7870 card. Without the HD7870, seems that the system did not go into sleep :eek: , the screen saver still running after long time of no activity. Whereas after HD7870 installed, the system went into sleep, the system fan stop working.

After some googling, I am still confused how to use the windbg to debug these dmp file. I have looked at the BSOD and it mentioned intelppm.sys but seems this is a general problem. Could someone please help to advise me what cause the BSOD and how to solve the problem ?

I have the Memory.DMP and minidump as per the following link.

Memory.dmp https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8946671/MEMORY130127.DMP.zip
Minidump https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8946671/012713-21574-01.dmp

Go into the power profiles,
set standby, hibernate and sleep to OFF
leave the monitor standby ON, that's OK (maybe not, try OFF)
Set the Hard Drive standby to NEVER
Set system Performance to MAXIMUM, not "quiet mode."

Open the bios set up and make sure "cool and quiet" is OFF. (AMD)
There may be a performance setting in the bios setup you have...make sure it's cranked up to max.
in the bios, see that the allocation for video, if available, is maxed.

Now open the hardware manager profiles...
click start
click computer
click system properties
click device manager
double click on mice and other pointing devices
right click on HID compliant mouse
left click on properties
click on the power management tab
UN-check the box that says: "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." (there is now NO check mark in this box)
click OK

Now repeat this procedure for all mice, monitors, keyboards, and ALL USB ports on the device manager list.

You must open ALL the devices one at a time, as above, and turn off the power saver, for each device.

fode

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Thank you for your response, but could you please enlighten me what is the purpose of turn all settings to max ? to prevent sleep mode ?

BTW, my PSU is Antec 850w.

fode

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I really need and appreciate some help to analyse the memory dmp file and advise me accordingly what went wrong, I think most likely it is about the "sleep" and "wake up" stuff, but not sure it is hardware or driver related and how to solve it.