any recommendations?

bullseye

I went to newegg.com and found a bewildering variety of 128 MB DDR video
cards. Would any kind soul care to recommend one or two of these? (I
posted a couple of days back about updating my video card.)

(Using a 32 MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS video card on a Dell Dimension
4100, PIII 1gig, 512 megs of RAM, Windows 2000 Pro, 80 gig hard disk,
cable
modem connection.)

(Also, I intend to take advantage of the return policies at Staples to first
test how much improvement I can see with upgrading the card. Thank you for
that tip as well.)

High end ATI X800's, Nvidia 6800's $300-500.
Upper mid range ATI 9800's, Nvidia 5900's $200-300.
Mid range ATI 9600's,Nvidia 5700's $65-200.
SE = neutered Pro = Standard XT = Enhanced GT = Enhanced Ultra = Super
enhanced

Ati 8500,9000,9200 = OLD.
Nvidia MX<anything>, Ti<anything>, 5200 = OLD

Basic value card that should match your machine.
ROSEWILL ATI RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-164-023&DEPA=1

AT $65.00 Today a good Value.
The high end cards are 4x it
The upper mid are 2x-3x it
It's at the lower end of mid range, But Most of the better cards would be
held back by the rest of your system.

"bullseye" <bullseye35@deletetheextrastuff@excite.com> wrote in message

> I went to newegg.com and found a bewildering variety of 128 MB DDR video
> cards. Would any kind soul care to recommend one or two of these? (I
> posted a couple of days back about updating my video card.)
>
> (Using a 32 MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS video card on a Dell Dimension
> 4100, PIII 1gig, 512 megs of RAM, Windows 2000 Pro, 80 gig hard disk,
> cable
> modem connection.)
>
> (Also, I intend to take advantage of the return policies at Staples to
> first
> test how much improvement I can see with upgrading the card. Thank you
> for
> that tip as well.)
>
>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-023&depa=0

Molly