newegg.com

G

hi everyone i need your help. I was just about to buy a new computer on newegg.com and when i was finally done selecting everything i wanted i went to check out. so then i go ask my mom for to enter her credit card stuff (i'm 16, no credit card, so i will just pay her in cash). Now she's getting all paranoid about giving it out over the internet even though she uses paypal for auctions all the time. (recently my grandpa died and then my grandma sees a $1000 charge to his credit card from an online computer store and she has no idea what it's for, thinks she's being ripped off).

Anyways my mom won't order it for me until she sees several people saying that it is a good trustworthy store. I need everyone to tell her how good they are.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
go <A HREF="http://www.resellerratings.com/" target="_new">here</A>

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

i tried that she somehow doesn't believe it. i guess she thinks there is some huge comspiracy between those 2 companies to post millions of fake reviews saying it's good to try to get everyone's credit cards or something

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
if you makje here read about the resseleratings then she will find out that if a company is caught boosting there score then they are given a score of zero

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Just like with any other mail order company, if you are not sure call the local Better Business Bureau. Check Newegg's website to find their locale so you will get the correct BBB branch.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 08/01/01 08:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

i actually bought quite a bit of stuff from there and am pretty happy with there service. my hard drive went bad about a month afer i bought it though (no their fault), but they are happily exchanging it for me (we'll see how long it takes though).

i had a drink the other day... opinions were like kittens i was givin' away

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Well I bought a CPU, mobo, DVD drive and a few other items from NewEgg.com and havn't had any problems with them. I will be buying more from them in the near future. They are a very good place to buy from on the net. Good luck on your next system.

<b><font color=blue>1.5</b></font color=blue> T-Bird
<b><font color=red>2.1</b></font color=red> P4 Speed

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
fewer eyes (none) see the numbers on a credit card ordering online than when you go to the store and give the stiff behind the counter your (or in this case, her) card..... microsoft ssl... secure sockets layer. there should be a little padlock in the bottom right hand corner of the order page to verify. tell your mom not to worry.

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Your grandma can call the credit card company and ask for the details on that $1000 charge. If it is not a valid charge, then she can protest it and get the money back.

It is actually better to use a credit card for a purchase because if you are not satisfied you can protest the charge and the credit card company will be on your side. YOU SHOULD NOT PAY BY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER BECAUSE IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

The Newegg rating is very good and I would feel comfortable ordering from them (but always with a credit card, of course, just in case).

:smile: <font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!<font color=green> :smile:

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Newegg rules! I bought my T-bird 1.2 ghz there and my pioneer dvd rom.. Shipping is extra cheap and the service is fast and good.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I order 50% of my items from Newegg, if they weren't based in California (so I can avoid tax) I would order everything through them. I've ordered products from them 8 different times and have never encountered a problem.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

dhlucke

Polypheme
The internet has been around for quite some time now and most people have been using it for at least 5 years. I think it's time for your mom to accept that it's not that bad. I realize that some people are still afraid to fly in an airplane, but the internet at least can't kill you. Just make sure your browser has 128 bit encryption and you won't have a problem. I'm pretty sure that all browsers with less encryption have already expired so you're probably already set.

Reseller ratings is usefull for the score, but it is more usefull if you read all the user input. Have your mom sit down and read neweggs and then have her read one from a place that has a score of 2. You can easily find one by picking a low price vendor on pricewatch. The lowest price usually has a low score. Notice that Newegg isn't the lowest, but a couple dollars more. But their shipping is reasonable.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

I order stuff online all the time. I bought my laptop online i bought all of my hardware online. I have yet to have a part go bad when i shopped online using a credit card/debit card (my bank treats the debit card like a credit card so i have the same protection).

Egghead (not to be confused with newegg) got hacked in january and the hacker stole thousands of credit card numbers. I was calm about the whole thing because if there are any purchases on there that isn't yours you are only liable for 50 bucks (or is it 25?) no matter what. anyways to be safe you can just cancle your credit card and get a new one. i have paypal too... your mom should be scared of paypal then using a credit card online. because if someone hackes into paypal.. not only do they have your credit card number.. but they can get your checking account number, your savings account number, your addres,what bank you goto, your phone number, your email address... the hacker could wipe you clean. and then cancle your account on top of that. credit card is much safer then paypal.. because paypal links directly to your checking or savings account or both or even none... depends how u have it set up or if at all. I have paypal but i refuse to give them my checking account or savings account number. I'm known as a unverified paypal user or whatever...

i would highly be against using any debit card though. bad things can happen with that.. because it's real cash they are stealing not credit.

Do you actually believe what you think?