Dimension XPS G2 - Front "Shield"

I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
thingie with DELL printed on it !
I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
TIA
Jack Mac

Jack Mac wrote:
> I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
> front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
> can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
> thingie with DELL printed on it !
> I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
> I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
> TIA
> Jack Mac

I removed mine without any problems. There are a few screws on the back
of the plate that can be easily removed with a long screwdriver.

The shield stays on fine without the screws so I never put them back in.

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:02:55 GMT, enkrypt <usenet@orendazen.com> wrote:

>Jack Mac wrote:
>> I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
>> front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
>> can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
>> thingie with DELL printed on it !
>> I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
>> I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
>> TIA
>> Jack Mac
>>

>I removed mine without any problems. There are a few screws on the back
>of the plate that can be easily removed with a long screwdriver.
>
>The shield stays on fine without the screws so I never put them back in.

I see no small screws, only two plastic tabs at the top of the shield and a
single plastic attachment point at the lower edge of the shield. Perhaps
the screws you removed are accessible from inside the case. I'll see
the next time I have occasion to open it up.
Thanks,
Jack Mac

> Jack Mac wrote:

> I see no small screws, only two plastic tabs at the top of the shield and a
> single plastic attachment point at the lower edge of the shield. Perhaps
> the screws you removed are accessible from inside the case. I'll see
> the next time I have occasion to open it up.
> Thanks,
> Jack Mac

The screws are going into those tabs that you see. I used a long
screwdriver from outside of the case to unscrew them, but I could see
where they were located at from opening the case and looking from the
inside. Good luck.