Dimension XPS G2 - Front "Shield"

I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
thingie with DELL printed on it !
I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
TIA
Jack Mac
3 answers Last reply
More about dimension front shield

    Jack Mac wrote:
    > I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
    > front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
    > can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
    > thingie with DELL printed on it !
    > I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
    > I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
    > TIA
    > Jack Mac

    I removed mine without any problems. There are a few screws on the back
    of the plate that can be easily removed with a long screwdriver.

    The shield stays on fine without the screws so I never put them back in.

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:02:55 GMT, enkrypt <usenet@orendazen.com> wrote:

    >Jack Mac wrote:
    >> I have a Dimension XPS G2 and I'm wondering if the
    >> front "shield"... that's what I call it because of its shape...
    >> can be removed to clean behind it? It's the bright
    >> thingie with DELL printed on it !
    >> I didn't find a way to clean it from inside the case and
    >> I see no mention of it in the User's Manual.
    >> TIA
    >> Jack Mac
    >>

    >I removed mine without any problems. There are a few screws on the back
    >of the plate that can be easily removed with a long screwdriver.
    >
    >The shield stays on fine without the screws so I never put them back in.

    I see no small screws, only two plastic tabs at the top of the shield and a
    single plastic attachment point at the lower edge of the shield. Perhaps
    the screws you removed are accessible from inside the case. I'll see
    the next time I have occasion to open it up.
    Thanks,
    Jack Mac

    > Jack Mac wrote:

    > I see no small screws, only two plastic tabs at the top of the shield and a
    > single plastic attachment point at the lower edge of the shield. Perhaps
    > the screws you removed are accessible from inside the case. I'll see
    > the next time I have occasion to open it up.
    > Thanks,
    > Jack Mac

    The screws are going into those tabs that you see. I used a long
    screwdriver from outside of the case to unscrew them, but I could see
    where they were located at from opening the case and looking from the
    inside. Good luck.

Dell XPS Dimension Computers