Warning spoily -

-

Whilst playing one of my perennial extinctionists I ran into the following
problem. (Actually atheist, genoless extinctionist)

A few demon princes and my character were messing around on the first level
of Sokoban. After not too long monsters occupied every avail space and then
the summoning spells only seemed to work only to the extent that when a xorn
was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the wall of
Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass thru the
walls.

Polying into a xorn and trying to walk thru the wall gets me:
"The Sokoban walls resist your ability."

Conflict doesn't affect them thru the wall.

I'm thinking I can't kill these guys. Right?

--
steveyo

"Do whatever steps you want if
you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

In article <i9H_e.15928$Xl2.5665@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, steveyo wrote:

> A few demon princes and my character were messing around on the first level
> of Sokoban. After not too long monsters occupied every avail space and then
> the summoning spells only seemed to work only to the extent that when a xorn
> was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the wall of
> Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass thru the
> walls.

Confused scroll of taming, magic whistle, kill (your self or your buffed
up pet)?

--
Panu
"You haven't really been anywhere until you've got back home",

"Panu Lahtinen" wrote:
> > ...when a xorn
> > was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the wall
of
> > Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass thru
the
> > walls.
>
> Confused scroll of taming, magic whistle, kill (your self or your buffed
> up pet)?

This works! Truly an inspired solution!

Thanks.

--
steveyo

"steveyo" <steveyo@cannedmeat.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> Warning spoily -
>

> -

> Whilst playing one of my perennial extinctionists I ran into the
following
> problem. (Actually atheist, genoless extinctionist)
>
> A few demon princes and my character were messing around on the
first level
> of Sokoban. After not too long monsters occupied every avail space
and then
> the summoning spells only seemed to work only to the extent that
when a xorn
> was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the
wall of
> Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass
thru the
> walls.
>
> Polying into a xorn and trying to walk thru the wall gets me:
> "The Sokoban walls resist your ability."
>
> Conflict doesn't affect them thru the wall.
>
> I'm thinking I can't kill these guys. Right?

Would conflict with Astral Vision work? IIRC conflict has something
to do with line of sight.
*Goes to wiz mode check*

"BWIGLEY" <bwigley@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> "steveyo" <steveyo@cannedmeat.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Warning spoily -
> >

> > -
> >

> > --
> >

> > --
> >
> > Whilst playing one of my perennial extinctionists I ran into the
> following
> > problem. (Actually atheist, genoless extinctionist)
> >
> > A few demon princes and my character were messing around on the
> first level
> > of Sokoban. After not too long monsters occupied every avail
space
> and then
> > the summoning spells only seemed to work only to the extent that
> when a xorn
> > was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the
> wall of
> > Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass
> thru the
> > walls.
> >
> > Polying into a xorn and trying to walk thru the wall gets me:
> > "The Sokoban walls resist your ability."
> >
> > Conflict doesn't affect them thru the wall.
> >
> > I'm thinking I can't kill these guys. Right?
>
> Would conflict with Astral Vision work? IIRC conflict has something
> to do with line of sight.
> *Goes to wiz mode check*

Nup I guess that doesn't work.

"BWIGLEY" <bwigley@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> "steveyo" <steveyo@cannedmeat.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Warning spoily -
> >

> > -
> >

> > --
> >

> > --
> >
> > Whilst playing one of my perennial extinctionists I ran into the
> following
> > problem. (Actually atheist, genoless extinctionist)
> >
> > A few demon princes and my character were messing around on the
> first level
> > of Sokoban. After not too long monsters occupied every avail
space
> and then
> > the summoning spells only seemed to work only to the extent that
> when a xorn
> > was randomly one of the summoned nasties, it appeared OUTSIDE the
> wall of
> > Sokoban. The 28 xorns now outside the walls seem unable to pass
> thru the
> > walls.
> >
> > Polying into a xorn and trying to walk thru the wall gets me:
> > "The Sokoban walls resist your ability."
> >
> > Conflict doesn't affect them thru the wall.
> >
> > I'm thinking I can't kill these guys. Right?
>
> Would conflict with Astral Vision work? IIRC conflict has something
> to do with line of sight.
> *Goes to wiz mode check*

Try teleporting(randomly, or trying to tele into a wall getting
sorry... and being randomly teleported outside the room) as an Xorn,
it works in wiz mode.

> "BWIGLEY" <bwigley@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > "steveyo" <steveyo@cannedmeat.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > Warning spoily -
> > >

> > > -
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > > --

<snip, reaching Xorns in sokoban>

> > Would conflict with Astral Vision work? IIRC conflict has
something
> > to do with line of sight.
> > *Goes to wiz mode check*
>

> Try teleporting(randomly, or trying to tele into a wall getting
> sorry... and being randomly teleported outside the room) as an Xorn,
> it works in wiz mode.

Sorry, Sokoban is not teleport in non wiz mode, how about level
teleport, as an Xorn to the sokoban level?

> "BWIGLEY" <bwigley@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > "BWIGLEY" <bwigley@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > "steveyo" <steveyo@cannedmeat.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

> <snip, reaching Xorns in sokoban>
> > >
> > > Would conflict with Astral Vision work? IIRC conflict has
> something
> > > to do with line of sight.
> > > *Goes to wiz mode check*
> >

> > Try teleporting(randomly, or trying to tele into a wall getting
> > sorry... and being randomly teleported outside the room) as an
Xorn,
> > it works in wiz mode.
>
> Sorry, Sokoban is not teleport in non wiz mode, how about level
> teleport, as an Xorn to the sokoban level?

Level teleport doesn't work, but I did find some sort of bug:
mnexto failed (do.c)? Program in disorder - perhaps you'd better
#quit. rloc(): couldn't relocate monster Program in disorder - perhaps
you'd better #quit

I filled the level with monsters, and myself with a boulder, sometimes
it just teleports me to a spot with a boulder but a couple of times it
has tried to teleport me to a spot with a monster and done this.

"BWIGLEY" wrote:
> [...]

No. Tried it. (This character wished for nothing but artifacts and has the
EotO)

> > > Try teleporting(randomly, or trying to tele into a wall getting
> > Sorry, Sokoban is not teleport in non wiz mode, how about level
> > teleport, as an Xorn to the sokoban level?
> Level teleport doesn't work, but I did find some sort of bug:...

Thanks for all the legwork! I was thinking of trying some fill-the-level
shinanegins, but I'd hate to have that crash happen in real game. Does it
recover after something like that?

I could level-port, or <i> the Orb of Fate or the wizards' Eye.

--

> No. Tried it. (This character wished for nothing but artifacts and
has the
> EotO)

> > > Sorry, Sokoban is not teleport in non wiz mode, how about level
> > > teleport, as an Xorn to the sokoban level?
> > Level teleport doesn't work, but I did find some sort of bug:...
>
> Thanks for all the legwork! I was thinking of trying some
fill-the-level
> shinanegins, but I'd hate to have that crash happen in real game.
Does it
> recover after something like that?
>
> I could level-port, or <i> the Orb of Fate or the wizards' Eye.

The error didn't crash the game, it just said I should quit.

Sorry, it never seems to 'port outside the room, it must have some
sort of check when you level-port.

Sadly I don't think it is possible to get outside the room (unless
someone can think of a really ingenious idea.

BTW I was thinking(for a normal game), why not just c?oTele/!oGL up to
sokoban, grab the bag/amulet and hole-jump/tele back down? Does
anyone know if there is a penalty for this?

TRENDING THREADS