OWL Orphanage

millturn

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I hope this is the right place to put this as I am running Win7 and its' not about fixing CS5 but how to get rid of a program in Win7
I recently got an error message when opening up Photoshop called Owl Orphanage. Supposedly it is a bad plugin so I have uninstalled all plugins used by cs5 except one by Topaz labs called FX lab. I tried to uninstall with Revo and it said the topaz uninstaller did not work but it got rid of the name in the program list but the icon is still on desktop and still opens the program and shows in filter menu of cs5. I deleted the registry key in hkey_machine_software and still no luck. I reinstalled the program to see if the uninstaller might fix itself but it didn't. There must be some why of getting this thing gone but have no idea where to look or do it.
Also I have no problem opening the 32 bit CS5 just the 64bit version.
Thanx in advance if anybody has any ideas.

millturn

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Thanx for the answer but as i stated i am not asking about fixing cs5, i want to know how to uninstall a program that does not show in the list of programs to add or remove in the control panel

I understand that you are not trying to fix CS5 and simply want to uninstall a plug-in. I am still researching the issue. What I have found is that a lot of people have had an issue with this plug-in and Photoshop (I looked in the Adobe forums). Does OWL Orphanage show up in Adobe Extension Manager? I've tried to see who makes the plug-in to help you find a way to uninstall it but so far I've come up empty.

millturn

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Topaz Labs makes the plug-in, but I think I just fixed the problem. You asked if the program showed in Adobe Extension manager so i looked. It was not there but there was the pixel bender plug-in showing so I disabled it because it was for cs4 not 5 and it seems to be working fine but it still bugs me I can't find any Fxlab on the pc but it still operates also it is not just a plug-in it is also a stand alone program. Thanx so much in getting me a new place to look and fresh eyes.
And yes Topaz has had alot of problems with that application.

I understand how that would bug you as I know it would bug me as well. The only information I can find regarding the standalone installation is that it may be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Topaz Labs\Applications\64Bit\ though the 64 bit version should be in C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Applications\64Bit\ folder. http://connect.dpreview.com/forums/post/42332538