When should I upgrade?

G

I am thinking about building a new computer in the next couple of months. I am still debated between at Intel P4 or dual AMD Atholn. Any decide which chip I should use is not the question. The question is when is the best time for me to build an new computer. Does anyone know when Intel and AMD release there new procs and a new round of price cuts? Also does anyone know when Creative Lab will release a Geforce3 card?

G

completely unrelated:
Since your name is 'amdsucks' I personally don't think you should be allowed to buy an AMD CPU. Just my opinion.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'd have to agree with that.

And you're the first person I've seen here looking specifically for a Creative Labs video card above all others.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

Regarding the Creative video card: I would suggest you rethink that decision. Creative cards have historically had average performance. They are really no more reliable than any other card. So I'm guessing you want the big name support (the same reason one would foolishly buy Gateway crap for instance). A few years ago, I had a Creative TNT card that had major problems. I tried to get assistance with it from Creative only to find that they had some of the least educated technical support I've ever spoken to (AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING).
Anyway, that's my two bits. Either get the cheapest GeForce 3 or get the fastest depending on your needs.

That's what you get for buying your computer based on <font color=orange>color</font color=orange>. :redface:

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Any decide which chip I should use is not the question

C'mon man, don't bog down the thread and answer the guys question.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If your computer does what you need, but your looking for more performance, I suggest you wait 6 months. Why? New products like the ones you mentioned will be released withing the next 3 months. Then the prices will start dropping. And bugs will get fixed. If your not tech savy, rich, and patient, you should not get something when it's first released.

Video killed my Radio Card!

FatBurger

Illustrious
How the hell am I supposed to answer the question when his grammar and sentence structure are so bad I don't even know what the question is?

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: