Laptop decision, need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoooo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
I just have a few questions, and need some insight..

I am looking for a new laptop, that can be used for gaming and everyday use. I would like it to be upgradeable, so in the future I can still keep this laptop. I don't mind the weight, and would prefer between a 15" and 17' wide screen.

Can anyone give me any options on what to get? I have been looking all over NewEgg, BestBuy, other forums, etc... It just seems like there are so many options. My budget is basically about $1,000 or less. I'd want the battery life to last at least an hour of use, preferably more. Typically I have liked HP, Asus, and Acer products (from what I have seen.) I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but any help would be appreciated. Maybe you own one that you like..

Thanks in advance

(I am getting this for a tour in the Navy, so it will be my primary form of entertainment.)

psychoooo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
The normal kind of upgrading, mostly RAM and HDD upgrades. Preferably SSD in the future, and more memory when the time comes. Possibly the dedicated GFX card if the need arises.

Bacterius

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Well almost all laptops can be upgraded for RAM and HDD. But for a GPU upgrade, you'll have to look at more expensive gaming laptops (such as the Sager laptops).

If you just choose a cheap laptop with integrated graphics, you will not be able to upgrade the GPU and you'll have to buy a whole new laptop when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.