psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
If, for some reason, i bought a P4 1.7, and im not saying i did make this mistake, but if it was me who did this, do you think there is any way that i can get my money back from the store with no legitimate reason other than that it's Intel

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Depends on the store/person you're dealing with. They might give this person pity and let them exchange it for something else, or they may just give you the, "I'm sorry" look.

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
If i was a store clerk person, i wouldn't believe an Intel chip "burnt out" though. :smile: . Hmm....just blame microsoft, it always works
"So what happened to your computer?"
"Well....it was working fine and then i decided to install the ME upgrade from Win98SE. Suddenly sparks started flying everywhere!"
"Well, that can happen, we get that a lot. I just hate M$.... Get Linux next time, ya, it's going to be big. Hey, do you like Babylon 5?...."

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Quite Easy actually, if anything, tell them that you are a MAC user, and you are very disappointed in the piss-poor performance and you would like your money back.

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Tell your friend he's an idiot and stop talking to him :)

I don't think there's really any way you could take it back, but it greatly depends on the store.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Lie!

Several ways to return it.

1) claim that they sent you wrong part, you wanted x they shipped you y

2) Claim the sales person said that would fit your board but it has too many pins and doesnt seem to fit. play stupid.