Sign in with
Your question

AMD Athlon

Last response: in CPUs
August 3, 2001 1:53:10 AM

If, for some reason, i bought a P4 1.7, and im not saying i did make this mistake, but if it was me who did this, do you think there is any way that i can get my money back from the store with no legitimate reason other than that it's Intel

More about : amd athlon

August 3, 2001 2:03:01 AM

Depends on the store/person you're dealing with. They might give this person pity and let them exchange it for something else, or they may just give you the, "I'm sorry" look.
August 3, 2001 2:40:34 AM

Just make up some bullshit excuse as to why you can't use it.

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.
Related resources
August 3, 2001 2:42:39 AM

light a match set it on fire. Say "it burnt out". There we go.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
August 3, 2001 1:59:37 PM

If i was a store clerk person, i wouldn't believe an Intel chip "burnt out" though. :smile: . Hmm....just blame microsoft, it always works
"So what happened to your computer?"
"Well....it was working fine and then i decided to install the ME upgrade from Win98SE. Suddenly sparks started flying everywhere!"
"Well, that can happen, we get that a lot. I just hate M$.... Get Linux next time, ya, it's going to be big. Hey, do you like Babylon 5?...."

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games
August 3, 2001 3:38:46 PM

Quite Easy actually, if anything, tell them that you are a MAC user, and you are very disappointed in the piss-poor performance and you would like your money back.

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!
August 3, 2001 3:46:16 PM

Tell your friend he's an idiot and stop talking to him :) 

I don't think there's really any way you could take it back, but it greatly depends on the store.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 3, 2001 5:56:43 PM

Can we why you want to change.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 3, 2001 5:57:02 PM

Can we know why you want to change.
August 3, 2001 7:02:57 PM

Because he found out he wasted his money.
Be careful with that back button, it's dangerous :) 

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside
August 3, 2001 8:42:24 PM

Lie!

Several ways to return it.

1) claim that they sent you wrong part, you wanted x they shipped you y

2) Claim the sales person said that would fit your board but it has too many pins and doesnt seem to fit. play stupid.
August 3, 2001 10:36:15 PM

3) Sell it to FUGGER. He'll pay twice the retail price and think he's getting a good deal.

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside
August 3, 2001 10:43:32 PM

Rofl. Excellent point, Mr. Burger.
!