Sign in with
Your question

2 Monitors, 2 Different Uses, Need assistance and Advice

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 8, 2013 5:53:02 PM

Hello,

I am building my first computer and need advice on monitors, this is my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C4yx

I want to use the computer for Gaming and Graphic editing(Photos, 3D and some video)
I plan on getting 2 monitors, one with a low response time for use with gaming and one for graphic and photo editing. I also want them to look good next to each other on my desk so they need to be the same brand and hopefully have the same stand and finish. My problem is, I dont know what i am really looking for in specs and from the research I have done, I cant see any 2 that match for my needs.

Price is not much of an issue, i hope to get both for no more than $1,000 but if need be, I can spend more if it is beneficial.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
February 9, 2013 12:35:48 AM

No one has advice or help?!
m
l
February 9, 2013 12:55:57 PM

I use 2 samsung 22" Syncmaster S22B300 monitors and use one for gaming and both for my pc i think they're about £100 on ebuyer.com. Don't know if that helps or not :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2013 8:28:57 PM

Hey i use two asus monitors one is the new one with a 1ms response time, the other is a ips i payed like $800 for i use one for gaming one for graphic design reall y you dont need one for graphic design unless u do it professionally i would just get two of the same
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:25:18 AM

I would buy one large monitor for your application(s) I edit video over 6 hours a day. I find no reason to have two monitors. IF your source preview area is large enough to see some detail you should be fine. IT only takes a button to make your preview the size of your monitor. Plus I like having my settings and timeline below my area I am editing instead of off to the left... Get a 27" with no bezel to be sitting in the middle of your work area. Since money is no issue (money bags) you can then step for native 2500 rez...Get a Dell Sharp...Your eyes will thank you. Plus if you get to big it is like having a 60" 4 feet away in the L/R
m
l
!