AMD Athlon 1.4 Vs P4 1.8

Makaveli

Splendid
I've been reading some of the post and some of you are saying that the P4 1.8 is faster than the 1.4 Athlon.
Show me your benchmarks and proof I don't believe this statement to be true at all. Where are your links????
And I'm talking about consistent wins in benchmarks not 1 or 2!

atavus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
They aren't posted because they don't exist, except for video editing, which I heard a P4 is better in.

<b>P</b>eople for the
<b>E</b>ating of
<b>T</b>asty
<b>A</b>nimals

G

How much i have see for myself 5.

Anadtech new benchmark with TUTU look for the score of p4 1.8 easy win.Tomshardware in german made a benchmark with P4 1.8 an he win too.............

Makaveli

Splendid
I said P4 Bench Marks not P3! not interested in Tully benchs! Hmm Raystonn where are you, since it's was in most of your post also? also anyone on this Forum have a P4 1.4
I would like to see some benchs on equal clock speed!

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
I don't remember where I read a comparison review...reputable too, that the P4 1.8 won about 2/3 of the benchmarks....in part due to the SSE code. I suspect a 1.4 Palomino will again take top honors over a P4 1.8

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
I *think* there won't be any desktop 1.4Ghz Palominos, as they will debut at 1.5Ghz - but one can always underclock :lol:

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

dhlucke

Polypheme
The T=bird 1.4 beats the P4 1.7, but the 1.8 gains a slight edge in a bunch of benchmarks. It really depends on what you're doing though. As far as I'm concerned the benchmarking difference is negligable. I'm not a CPU snobb, I buy based on my needs and price performace. The P4 doesn't meet any of those. You'd have to use certain specific software packages to notice the speed difference.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Point taken Arbee.

But be that as it may, a 1.4 Palomino if one was to be released, would likely outperform a P4 1.8ghz.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I posted alot of benchmarks in "jump to amd" which show the 1.4 and 1.8 neck and neck. The a4 would pull ahead with its extra capabilities.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>I posted alot of benchmarks in "jump to amd" which show the 1.4 and 1.8 neck and neck.

liar!

btw, are you grizely1?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The benchmarks are there troll, if you need fugger can translate them into retardese for you to understand them.

I am not grizley1.

As for calling me a liar, kiss my ass the benchmarks are posted right there for everyone to see you are full of crap.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
dont remember.... maybe in a dream... but i remember something about the A4 being released as a 1.2

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just for the record, I don't trust any reviews where they don't cite the setup very specifically. It'd be nice if you could run benchmarks on just a processor, without any other components, but that's sadly impossible.

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Ya but even then, it wouldn't be useful data. Because you aren't just going to have the processor as ur computer. This is very apparent in memory types where (currently) the P4 uses a completely different type of memory. So u can't say which chip is better because some chips or chipsets use different components (how long IS the list of problematic hardware with AMD chips?). Although benchmarks are slowly showing less and less. LOL, i remember reading a story by Tom about chip speeds and he was using the RAM memory test as the sole benchmark for chip comparisons. I thought that was kind of funny. I like real world data, but sadly that is only available by testing urself :)

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, I know that's impractical. I was just (trying) to make a point.

And BTW, I haven't had any hardware/software conflicts with my Athlon system.
Well, the normal M$ bugs and such, but let me say that I've had far, far less problems with my homemade Athlon than my parents P3 Dell.

-----------------------
Quarter pounder inside

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Like K6-2 sometime does bad pixel rendering in Flask-mpeg due to probleme in the manufacturing processe and the probleme have never been solve.

My katmai right now 450*505 pc 100 cas 2 (cas 2 i have change it to 2 myself)

I have never format my HHD no driver update until this week, I have update the bios too this week.Can you say much with you t-bird and me computer is 3 year old (i think is 3 year).The little katmai have allwayse run fast and stable never got a probleme.

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
Athlon MP were released @ 1.2Ghz. Athlon4 for desktop is suposed to be released @ 1.5Ghz

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

G

my parents went out and bought a katami once without me knowing it. They could have had a much faster athlon for the same money. I realy got angry when I found out:-(

The katami (450) have a hard time with divx movies today. An athlon would have no problem with todays software.

Thats the price you have to pay if you go with intel!