Pest Control - Wholesale only!

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Dear NG.

The Rat zapper is a very clever product that is very easy to use and very
effective against rodent control. It simply runs on 4AA batteries.
The Rat Zapper uses advanced electronic technology to deliver a deadly shock
to mice and rats. Just bait the Rat Zapper with ordinary dry pet food. When
the rodent goes for the food, it steps on the kill plate. The system senses
its presence, then delivers enough electrical energy to quickly kill the
rodent. Disposal is clean and easy. Simply add new bait, turn the system on
and place back in the active area.

Because the rat Zapper uses an electric shock there is no need for poisons
to be used, which means the local cat can't eat it. And you won't have dead
rodents crawling off under floor boards to die. There is no danger of
getting fingers snapped in archaic messy "snap style" mechanical traps. Its
very humane unlike sticky glue-boards.

The user will never have to touch a dead rodent again as once one is caught
inside the Rat zapper is simply turned upside down and the rodent falls out.
The 'kill' plate is right at the back of the unit so handling of the
product even when it is on is very safe. It can be used indoors and
outdoors.
There are some extra add ons available for it as well, for example an extra
battery pack for more kills and longer stand by time and a mains adaptor.
The Rat Zapper is very big over in the states and they have been selling the
Rat Zapper over here for a couple of years but only by independent
suppliers.
I am sure that through your stores you could reach a large market of people
who could use a Rat Zapper in their homes, stables or even garden shed.
If you would like to know more please do not hesitate to contact me via the
news group or email.

Yours
Richard

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Ah - so the original post was a little less than a genuine query...

Clever - but does any one else think *ollox?

Graham

"Richard Pease" <rpease@netbreeze.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dear NG.
>
> The Rat zapper is a very clever product that is very easy to use and very
> effective against rodent control. It simply runs on 4AA batteries.
> The Rat Zapper uses advanced electronic technology to deliver a deadly
shock
> to mice and rats. Just bait the Rat Zapper with ordinary dry pet food.
When
> the rodent goes for the food, it steps on the kill plate. The system
senses
> its presence, then delivers enough electrical energy to quickly kill the
> rodent. Disposal is clean and easy. Simply add new bait, turn the system
on
> and place back in the active area.
>
> Because the rat Zapper uses an electric shock there is no need for poisons
> to be used, which means the local cat can't eat it. And you won't have
dead
> rodents crawling off under floor boards to die. There is no danger of
> getting fingers snapped in archaic messy "snap style" mechanical traps.
Its
> very humane unlike sticky glue-boards.
>
> The user will never have to touch a dead rodent again as once one is
caught
> inside the Rat zapper is simply turned upside down and the rodent falls
out.
> The 'kill' plate is right at the back of the unit so handling of the
> product even when it is on is very safe. It can be used indoors and
> outdoors.
> There are some extra add ons available for it as well, for example an
extra
> battery pack for more kills and longer stand by time and a mains adaptor.
> The Rat Zapper is very big over in the states and they have been selling
the
> Rat Zapper over here for a couple of years but only by independent
> suppliers.
> I am sure that through your stores you could reach a large market of
people
> who could use a Rat Zapper in their homes, stables or even garden shed.
> If you would like to know more please do not hesitate to contact me via th
> news group or email.
>
> Yours
> Richard

---

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:39:22 +0100, "Richard Pease"
<rpease@netbreeze.co.uk> wrote:

>Dear NG.
>
>The Rat zapper is a very clever product that is very easy to use and very
>effective against rodent control. It simply runs on 4AA batteries.

How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?

--
Mark
http://www.cssd.org.uk http://www.thelurch.co.uk

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Lurch <mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> wrote in

> How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?

Mark, If you want to play around with zapping rats then buy a second
hand camera flash, rip it apart and remove the neon tube (flash bulb).
The two wires feeding the tube are VERY high voltage and theoretically
could kill a rat. My guess would be to solder the two wires to two brass
tracks. Anything walking or touching the tracks will have a VERY nasty
high voltage shock.

PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS THE ABOVE CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL HAVE
A VERY NASTY ELECTRIC SHOCK WHICH COULD BE FATAL. IF YOU ARE UNSURE,
UNSKILLED, DENSE, DUMB, THICK OR JUST PLAIN STUPID LEAVE WELL ALONE.
NEVER PLAY WITH HIGH VOLTAGE.

Back to the original point, such a set-up could be installed in a tube
much like tram lines or even alternating tracks like railway sleepers.
The trick would be to get the rat to touch both lines.

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Dear Mark,

I don't have access to that exact information, What I can tell you is that
4AA's will give you about a month of stand by time and 10 kills. You can get
an optional extra battery pack that fits to the top of the unit greatly
increasing your stand by time to 6 months and 60 kills.
Hope this is of some help.
Regards
Richard

"Lurch" <mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:39:22 +0100, "Richard Pease"
> <rpease@netbreeze.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Dear NG.
> >
> >The Rat zapper is a very clever product that is very easy to use and very
> >effective against rodent control. It simply runs on 4AA batteries.
> >

> How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?
>
> --
> Mark
> http://www.cssd.org.uk http://www.thelurch.co.uk
> http://www.sportsmansassociation.com
> "the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
> Bill of Rights

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

So why not supply it with a 9v fitting instead as standard?

Richard Pease wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> I don't have access to that exact information, What I can tell you is that
> 4AA's will give you about a month of stand by time and 10 kills. You can
get
> an optional extra battery pack that fits to the top of the unit greatly
> increasing your stand by time to 6 months and 60 kills.
> Hope this is of some help.
> Regards
> Richard
>
> Lurch wrote:
> > Richard Pease wrote:
> >
> > >Dear NG.
> > >
> > >The Rat zapper is a very clever product that is very easy to use and
very
> > >effective against rodent control. It simply runs on 4AA batteries.
> > >

> > How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> > http://www.cssd.org.uk http://www.thelurch.co.uk
> > http://www.sportsmansassociation.com
> > "the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
> > Bill of Rights

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Could I point out to everyone that the zapper has been on the market for a
while now and is not exactly fantastic at it's job cause if you use it outside
you normally end up catching everything apart from rats!!

Matt

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On 21 Apr 2004 16:06:16 GMT, John <Stalking*@britishlibrary.net>
wrote:

>Lurch <mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> wrote in
>

>> How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?
>
>Mark, If you want to play around with zapping rats

I can't say I'm that fussed John, I'm still trying to get my head
around the idea that 4 teeny little AA's have enough juice to kill a
rat.

--

> On 21 Apr 2004 16:06:16 GMT, John <Stalking*@britishlibrary.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Lurch <mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> wrote in
>>

>>> How many amps does it deliver to make Mr Ratty dead?
>>
>>Mark, If you want to play around with zapping rats
>
> I can't say I'm that fussed John, I'm still trying to get my head
> around the idea that 4 teeny little AA's have enough juice to kill a
> rat.

4 AA’s will not supply enough current it’s as simple as that.
Theoretically the trap could deliver enough voltage to disrupt heart
function, which given time would kill the rat but I’m not sure if DC
would work in this manner.

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

>4 AA's will not supply enough current it's as simple as that.

I think what it does is it gives the rat a shock which makes it jump and it
hits the top of the tube and fractures its skull. Any advances on that theory.
Cheers, Norman.

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On 24 Apr 2004 23:40:20 GMT, seaangling@aol.com
(SEAANGLING) wrote:

>>4 AA’s will not supply enough current it’s as simple as that.
>
>I think what it does is it gives the rat a shock which makes it jump and it
>hits the top of the tube and fractures its skull. Any advances on that theory.

Maybe poor old ratty simply dies from
embarrassment at the thought anyone considers him
feeble enough to be killed by four AAs ;-)

Or, slightly more advanced theory.

He thinks the PCB is a new form of rat maze, becomes
obsessed by solving it, and starves to death before
reaching the end.

Gyppo

John Craggs - Writer - Adult Tutor - Storyteller
and All-Round Rogue
Need a laugh? Then subscribe to the free Monday Silly Digest:
mail to: gyppo1@ntlworld.com With 'MSD SUB' as subject.

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I think the rat creates a circuit, which causes a light to come on
then you can see what you're shooting :)