Annoyance at new feats

I'm a little annoyed by many of the new feats that came out in the
splatbooks, simply because they were not around when the MM and other
monster books came out, and there are some feats that certain monsters
should really have and would have been given (no doubt) had they existed
when they were written up. For example, most giants would have been
given Power Throw (from Complete Adventurer).

It's obvious why it happened, I'm just annoyed by it.

- Ron ^*^

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:27:02 -0500, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
into the ether:

>I'm a little annoyed by many of the new feats that came out in the
>splatbooks, simply because they were not around when the MM and other
>monster books came out, and there are some feats that certain monsters
>should really have and would have been given (no doubt) had they existed
>when they were written up. For example, most giants would have been
>given Power Throw (from Complete Adventurer).

So, give it to them. If it makes them too strong, then gimp them slightly
somewhere else or raise their CR. Problem solved!

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Alien mind control rays made Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> write:
> I'm a little annoyed by many of the new feats that came out in the
> splatbooks, simply because they were not around when the MM and other
> monster books came out, and there are some feats that certain monsters
> should really have and would have been given (no doubt) had they existed
> when they were written up. For example, most giants would have been
> given Power Throw (from Complete Adventurer).

so swap some feats. ta-da.

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:27:02 -0500, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:

>I'm a little annoyed by many of the new feats that came out in the
>splatbooks, simply because they were not around when the MM and other
>monster books came out, and there are some feats that certain monsters
>should really have and would have been given (no doubt) had they existed
>when they were written up. For example, most giants would have been
>given Power Throw (from Complete Adventurer).
>
>It's obvious why it happened, I'm just annoyed by it.

Indeed. Roll on 4E, I say.

--
Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:45:19 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> raised a finger to the sky and
proclaimed:

>On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:27:02 -0500, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
>into the ether:
>

>>I'm a little annoyed by many of the new feats that came out in the
>>splatbooks, simply because they were not around when the MM and other
>>monster books came out, and there are some feats that certain monsters
>>should really have and would have been given (no doubt) had they existed
>>when they were written up. For example, most giants would have been
>>given Power Throw (from Complete Adventurer).
>
>So, give it to them. If it makes them too strong, then gimp them slightly
>somewhere else or raise their CR. Problem solved!

I wacky-parsed this as "If it makes them too strong, then grip them
slightly somewhere else".

Which is good advice.

--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd

Suddenly, drow, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
exclaimed:

> so swap some feats. ta-da.

.... theeeeen step - ball - change - pivot - turn!

Fabulous!

--
Billy Yank

Quinn: "I'm saying it us, or them."
Murphy: "Well I choose them."
Q: "That's NOT an option!"
M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
-Sealab 2021

Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

TRENDING THREADS