CPU FAN - BEST?

G

What is a good hsf for high speed athlons? I'm planning on getting a fast chip and later overclocking. I'm looking for a good fhs for no more than $50US.. I've even seen some water coolers for $50. Any advice? What are some good coolers at this time and please direct me to any reviews that you think would be helpful!

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
If you want to overclock you mostly get what you pay for.

$50 will get you a good air cooler.

Don't spend $50 on a watercooling kit - you could barely self build a reasonable kit for that price, a kit for $50 would most likely be garbage. Show us a link to it and we'll give it the once over.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

The water cooler is accually $60. Here is the review at <A HREF="http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p4.htm#CaseETC" target="_new"> DansData </A> . Doesn't look too good considering what the water is stored in ;/ . Anyway what is a good sub50 dollar Hsf combo to get? Any suggestions?

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Ah - that's $60 for the pump and reservoir - it doesn't cover pipes, radiator, waterblock etc....

Good air coolers? I haven't ofollowed lately. The SBK6 seems good, as does any number of other coolers. The only thermaltake worth a pinch is the volcano II, and I think that's being replaced now.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details