Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Repeated bsod can anyone help

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 27, 2013 8:30:34 PM

Hello,
I keep getting bsod when playing higher end games, my system should be able to handle them really, have underclocked my graphics card cause it was running very hot and thought that was causing the problems, but I cant seem to create
a stable platform. Dont really know how to go about working out what is the problem from the error messages.

Running
Windows 7 home premium
a AMD phenom II X4 975
With 8gb of ram
with a nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti

if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

When i have remembered I have copied the error messages.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800A105FE4
BCP3: FFFFF880022BC5C8
BCP4: FFFFF880022BBE20
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052512-20077-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-115269-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt




recent bluescreen during risen 2 25/5/12 4:23am




Second one at 9:56 on the 06/06/2012


during max payne 3


Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007BCA028
BCP3: 00000000B6004000
BCP4: 0000000034000135
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1


Third at 01:52 am on the 09/08/2012 after playing assasins creed revelations for about 6 hrs

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007B04028
BCP3: 00000000B671C000
BCP4: 0000000000000135
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080912-23384-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-92212-0.sysdata.xml



Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060612-31403-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-55551-0.sysdata.xml


11:20ish am thursday 13/09/12 playing hawx 2 pc had been on for about 1.8 days accidentally closed crash dump



16:29 26/01/13 playing devil may cry new one medium graphics had been playing since about 1pm

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80079B38F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012613-26286-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32557-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


20:50 27/01/12 playing devil may cry from about 1pm to about 9 pm with 3 breaks of about 30mins.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800791F8F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012713-31559-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46332-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



22:05 27/01/13 playing devil may cry for about 15-20mins cut down res from last time.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800792C8F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012713-28984-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40201-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt



Downloading windbg atm then I'll post the minidump files

More about : repeated bsod

January 27, 2013 9:25:15 PM

Are you overclocking?

What is the make, model, and wattage of your power supply?

January 27, 2013 10:02:48 PM

this is the third power supply fitted to this pc, first 2 exploded, which was apparently due to the graphics card according to the guy who changed the power supply, which is the reason i'm currently underclocking it, hoping that would solve the problem.


Not 100% sure of the make but it is a 230v ac 10a 750w 50-60hz switching power supply.

This one hasn't exploded yet and its been longer than the other 2 lasted put together, but now I get these crashes after its been running higher end games for a while.
Related resources
January 27, 2013 10:39:05 PM

Did you buy all three from the same guy?

Look at the Label on the side (you may need to take off the side of the case. Give us the make and model of the psu.
January 27, 2013 10:44:19 PM

no first problem one came with the computer, (which was custom build buy a shop which has since shut down) second one fitted was not big enough and exploded as well, he fitted the third which hasn't exploded yet. The guy who did the repairs fitted the second and third one.


Did look at the side hard to make out the make, might be ACE

The label says exactly: ACE (I think hard to see without removing the power supply) Switching power supply.
Ac input 130vac 10a 50-60hz
en 60950
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 10:46:27 PM

bblaze said:
this is the third power supply fitted to this pc, first 2 exploded, which was apparently due to the graphics card according to the guy who changed the power supply, which is the reason i'm currently underclocking it, hoping that would solve the problem.


Not 100% sure of the make but it is a 230v ac 10a 750w 50-60hz switching power supply.

This one hasn't exploded yet and its been longer than the other 2 lasted put together, but now I get these crashes after its been running higher end games for a while.


Also locate your mini-dump files, instructions on how are HERE , and post them to a cloud storage option such as Skydrive and I will analyze the file and see what file it is referencing.

Also, it would appear that you are wanting your low-cost, no name PSU to perform like some of the higher-end models and that is why you are experiencing so many problems out of them. If you do not pay for a quality PSU (Cooler Master, etc.) then you will pay for it later in having to replace it.
January 27, 2013 10:54:48 PM

Appreciate the help,

Here are the mini dump files all of these occurred with this third power supply iirc

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!115&authkey=!AGKdAyHaY2Pfjk0

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!114&authkey=!AJuS66g2p9K_mBc

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!113&authkey=!AN8mW7HR6qUj908

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!116&authkey=!AHDbXV7oJQgc3I8

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!117&authkey=!AGAgh8_KwjJIpC4

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!118&authkey=!AFJdQY6WCp_MmgM

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!121&authkey=!ABXDr0JO7DJvK3A

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!120&authkey=!AMDj4mo0vaV-pWo

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!119&authkey=!AEbEgHbREW5NE0g

January 27, 2013 10:59:16 PM

Quote:
Also, it would appear that you are wanting your low-cost, no name PSU to perform like some of the higher-end models and that is why you are experiencing so many problems out of them. If you do not pay for a quality PSU (Cooler Master, etc.) then you will pay for it later in having to replace it.



The company I brought the pc from originally fitted a cheap, small power supply as standard and I didn't know enough about it to realise that it wouldn't be sufficient. Thought I had a 3 year warantee to cover me for a while, only been about 1.5 year since i brought it, but then they went out of business.

If it turns out the power supply is still the problem I will outlay and get a good one. (tbh I thought the guy who did the repairs would fit what was needed but guess he doesn't have a clue either)


If it is the power supply is there anyway I can temporarily alter anything to stop it crashing till I can replace it with something better.
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:06:32 PM

bblaze said:
Appreciate the help,

Here are the mini dump files all of these occurred with this third power supply iirc

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!115&authkey=!AGKdAyHaY2Pfjk0

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!114&authkey=!AJuS66g2p9K_mBc

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!113&authkey=!AN8mW7HR6qUj908

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!116&authkey=!AHDbXV7oJQgc3I8

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!117&authkey=!AGAgh8_KwjJIpC4

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!118&authkey=!AFJdQY6WCp_MmgM

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!121&authkey=!ABXDr0JO7DJvK3A

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!120&authkey=!AMDj4mo0vaV-pWo

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC9FA1BD746CCF8C!119&authkey=!AEbEgHbREW5NE0g


Give me just a few to download all these and analyze them for you.

UPDATE:
Here are my findings:
#1, 2, 3 - ntoskrnl.exe
#6 - nvlddmkm.sys
#4, 5, 7, 8, 9 - hal.dll

It appears that your issues may be related to a bad driver for your GPU (nvlddmkm.sys), a bad card itself (ditto the first), and possibly damage to the OS (ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll)

The successive power supply failures may have damaged your GPU in the process by over-volting it. Have you tried the latest drivers for your GPU?
Download GPU-Z, or HWInfo, to see what the temps are on your card and the voltage readings.
January 27, 2013 11:07:42 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Give me just a few to download all these and analyze them for you.


Thanks.
January 27, 2013 11:13:28 PM

bblaze said:
no first problem one came with the computer, (which was custom build buy a shop which has since shut down) second one fitted was not big enough and exploded as well, he fitted the third which hasn't exploded yet. The guy who did the repairs fitted the second and third one.


Did look at the side hard to make out the make, might be ACE

The label says exactly: ACE (I think hard to see without removing the power supply) Switching power supply.
Ac input 130vac 10a 50-60hz
en 60950


I went through Tom's list and no named power supplies have ACE in their name which means that is a generic power supply (cheap) that should not be trusted. I would get a Seasonic, Corsair, XFX or Antec to name a few.

To be clear your graphics card did not cause your power supply to explode. The fact that he is pushing this cheap crap is what did. The power supply is the heart of the machine. You need a good one for everything to operate well. Here is a good Seasonic Gold 550W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Where are you located?
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:19:24 PM

jnkweaver said:
I went through Tom's list and no named power supplies have ACE in their name which means that is a generic power supply (cheap) that should not be trusted. I would get a Seasonic, Corsair, XFX or Antec to name a few.

To be clear your graphics card did not cause your power supply to explode. The fact that he is pushing this cheap crap is what did. The power supply is the heart of the machine. You need a good one for everything to operate well. Here is a good Seasonic Gold 550W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Where are you located?


I agree 150% but the concern now is how much damage the other PSUs have done to his computer. It appears (from looking at the .dmp files) that it has either damaged the GPU or corrupted both the OS and the drivers for the card.
January 27, 2013 11:19:34 PM

England sw near Swindon.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to ease the strain on the current power supply to stop the crashes until I can sort out a new one?
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:22:15 PM

bblaze said:
England sw near Swindon.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to ease the strain on the current power supply to stop the crashes until I can sort out a new one?


First and foremost, turn off or revert all changes you've made in overclocking the computer.

It's only advisable to OC a machine that has the hardware to handle it (and yours does not).

Now is when you need to baby your rig or it may actually crap out altogether on you. I know that's not what you like to hear but it seems to be the case. I would recommend starting to back-up anything you don't want to lose because you will probably be reinstalling in the near future.
January 27, 2013 11:27:07 PM

hedwar2011 said:
First and foremost, turn off or revert all changes you've made in overclocking the computer.

It's only advisable to OC a machine that has the hardware to handle it (and yours does not).

Now is when you need to baby your rig or it may actually crap out altogether on you. I know that's not what you like to hear but it seems to be the case. I would recommend starting to back-up anything you don't want to lose because you will probably be reinstalling in the near future.


He said he was actually underclocking his graphics card. he didn't say anything about the cpu.

What program do you use to analyze the dumps?
January 27, 2013 11:28:08 PM

hedwar2011 said:
First and foremost, turn off or revert all changes you've made in overclocking the computer.

It's only advisable to OC a machine that has the hardware to handle it (and yours does not).

Now is when you need to baby your rig or it may actually crap out altogether on you. I know that's not what you like to hear but it seems to be the case. I would recommend starting to back-up anything you don't want to lose because you will probably be reinstalling in the near future.


My graphics card is underclocked running about half the standard output atm cause I thought that was the problem. are you saying put it back to standard?


I haven't altered the cpu myself.
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:30:56 PM

jnkweaver said:
He said he was actually underclocking his graphics card. he didn't say anything about the cpu.

What program do you use to analyze the dumps?


Blue Screen View, which can be downloaded HERE . Love the program because it identifies the file causing it and highlights it so you don't have to dig. Been using it for a good bit now.

bblaze said:
My graphics card is underclocked running about half the standard output atm cause I thought that was the problem. are you saying put it back to standard?


It probably would not hurt at this point. Were you able to get any readings from GPU-Z or HWInfo?

January 27, 2013 11:47:03 PM

jnkweaver said:
Here it is on Amazon UK but there is only 1 left. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seasonic-SS-550RM-550W-Power-Su...


ordered a new power supply, I don't know what to look for in the dumps, will fitting the new power supply fix this. or is there other stuff I need to do as well?
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 11:52:36 PM

bblaze said:
ordered a new power supply, I don't know what to look for in the dumps, will fitting the new power supply fix this. or is there other stuff I need to do as well?


Start simple. When the psu arrives, install it and see if the computer continues to give off those same BSODs. As for the dumps, do as you did earlier and post them to Skydrive (neat tool huh) and let us know and we can take a look for you.

Like I was telling jnkweaver, I use Blue Screen View, found HERE , which is a very simple program. You just right click on the .dmp file and have Blue Screen View open it and it will show you the file in question.
January 27, 2013 11:52:43 PM

bblaze said:
ordered a new power supply, I don't know what to look for in the dumps, will fitting the new power supply fix this. or is there other stuff I need to do as well?


Well it all depends on whether anything was damaged like Hedwar suggested. I think it is possible with you undervolting your GPU and the erratic voltage from your cheap psu that it cause the card to crash without harming it. Cross your fingers.

Let us know after you put in the new supply. Make sure you run GPU-Z or HWInfo like Hedwar suggested.
January 27, 2013 11:53:45 PM

bblaze said:
ordered a new power supply, I don't know what to look for in the dumps, will fitting the new power supply fix this. or is there other stuff I need to do as well?


BTW which power supply did you get?
January 27, 2013 11:58:48 PM

jnkweaver said:
BTW which power supply did you get?



Went for the one you recommended Seasonic SS-550RM 550W. Hopefully it should be here on Tuesday.






Thank you both for the help.

I'll update when I have fitted this, and seen if there are still any problems after.
January 28, 2013 1:06:22 PM

Sorry for all the questions never really had any hardware problems with my previous pc's.


Just had a better look at my power supply when I was seeing if any of the ones in my old pcs would do ( they wont both crappy 450-500w unnamed ones.)


The current one is a ace red fan 750w


http://www.amazon.co.uk/750W-Power-Supply-PCI-Express-M...

where as the one i'm buying is 3X as expensive but only 550w can you explain where the price difference comes from, and is it worth switching to a lower wattage supply if a 750w one isn't enough?
January 28, 2013 8:13:33 PM

bblaze said:
Sorry for all the questions never really had any hardware problems with my previous pc's.


Just had a better look at my power supply when I was seeing if any of the ones in my old pcs would do ( they wont both crappy 450-500w unnamed ones.)


The current one is a ace red fan 750w


http://www.amazon.co.uk/750W-Power-Supply-PCI-Express-M...

where as the one i'm buying is 3X as expensive but only 550w can you explain where the price difference comes from, and is it worth switching to a lower wattage supply if a 750w one isn't enough?


It is simple. They lie. I bet that power supply would be lucky to draw half the rated wattage. Here is an updated article Tom's did last week. Read the first two pages.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-ma...
!