Dumping physical memory (BSOD) just before shut down

dwikur77

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Dear all, please help me in my problem.

My desktop PC always turn to BSOD just before turning off. After I give shut down command, then logging off and shutting down screen, the screen turns to blue with 'dumping physical memory' message, then restarts, preventing the PC to turn off automatically. This problem occurs after I install the graphics driver for ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series, integrated on Intel D102GGC2 board. The driver I used was ATIGFX_ALLOS_8.27.060616.035083_PV.EXE , and I use Windows 7 32-bit.

What caused this problem? Is it because the driver or the board not compatible to Win 7?

Thanks for your help!

Dwi

:bounce:

dwikur77

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I see.

The driver may be developed for Windows XP or 2000, but when installed in Windows 7, it works properly, except the BSOD when shutting down. Is there a trick to overcome this problem? I need Win 7 for networking this PC to my laptops, which all using Win 7.

Many thanks!

Dwi

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Well, there may be a reason that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Honestly, messing with drivers never turns out good. Only thing I can recommend is reinstalling windows correctly to ensure that you did your *** right.